Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Skydio skins?

LivinLarge

Reaction score
Has anyone found skins for the Skydio 2? With my old eyes, I have trouble seeing the Skydio at any distance. The blue and black colors don't help. I would like a neon orange as I have on my Anafi (photo attached.)
I have purchased some adhesive backed vinyl sheets and will make my own skin if I can't find one.

Attachments

• orange skin.JPG
    orange skin.JPG
    378.1 KB · Views: 4
Has anyone found skins for the Skydio 2? With my old eyes, I have trouble seeing the Skydio at any distance. The blue and black colors don't help. I would like a neon orange as I have on my Anafi (photo attached.)
I have purchased some adhesive backed vinyl sheets and will make my own skin if I can't find one.
I'd skin it in Orange of I found one.

Don't worry the range is so short that you will be able to see it no problem ?
LOL! Funny, mostly because it's true. Although I never really tried to put it to the test, it doesn't get very far before the video starts stuttering. I do find that I get more range if I don't use the Automatic channel setting.

I'd be interested in a skin mostly to keep the heat off. I'm based in Las Vegas, and on most summer days, I barely get my Skydio out of my hand before it starts complaining about the heat. The metal body makes it worse. A white wrap on the top would be nice.
For you, I'd recommend getting some Firehouse Tech nav lights and using good Velcro to stick them to your aircraft. Those flashing lights are tough to miss.

In our blue skies and my aging eyes it's easy to loose in the sky, especially when you glance down and have to reacquire it visually, even worse if the sun is behind the drone. I've got a strobe on my M3P and was hoping to use one on the SD2 but when I asked, I was informed a strobe attached to the skin of the SD2 would void the care plan as it will interfere with the camera based OA. Don't know if that's true but since they're unobtanium I'm not taking chances.

Reactions: kenmavic2zoom
In our blue skies and my aging eyes it's easy to loose in the sky, especially when you glance down and have to reacquire it visually, even worse if the sun is behind the drone. I've got a strobe on my M3P and was hoping to use one on the SD2 but when I asked, I was informed a strobe attached to the skin of the SD2 would void the care plan as it will interfere with the camera based OA. Don't know if that's true but since they're unobtanium I'm not taking chances.
I have something sticking up off the rear of my drone although it's small (vifly beacon) and directly facing the rear....and it does not seem to interfere. I guess I could put a similar size strobe (vifly strobe) there expect the same results but i agree with you, the skydio outlook has changed in the last few week and the risks have changed and now, it's probably not worth it.

When I was attaching a strobe to the M3P I turned it on and the thing actually hurt my eyes, that's allot of light in a small package. I haven't tried it out on a flight yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup