Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Skydio2 connects via wifi to phone, but not seen by Skydio app

Cox011

Reaction score
I have a Skydio2 that's about a year and a half old, so it is out of warranty. The drone was successfully set up and flown for more than a year via the Skydio app and the Beacon. Until several months ago it worked and flew without problem.

Unfortunately, I'm no longer able to fly the drone. The wifi signal from the drone is visible and can be paired to my phone; the android phone wifi app shows "Skydio2-xxxx - Connected to device. Can't provide internet", but I'm unable to connect the drone to the Skydio app. The Skydio app unsuccessfully searches for the drone and eventually shows "Unable to connect to Skydio2-xxxx", even though the phone wifi shows it is still actively connected to the drone's wifi signal. I'm also unable to connect the Beacon. The blue lights pulse on both the drone and the Beacon; the Beacon displays "Looking for Skydio2-xxxx (correctly matching the drone's actual wifi name), but they never connect.

I've tried several different phones, both Apple and Android, and have un-installed and re-installed the Skydio application several times. Each time running through set up and using the wifi name and password from beneath the battery.

I'm hoping someone here with more Skydio experience and knowledge might be able to help. Thank you!

Try this out, when you connect with your phone establish the connection with the phone's WIFI menu, then when you go to the app and it tells you cannot connect to Skydio2-xxx try cancelling that screen in the app, that's happened to me before, exactly how you describe and I had to cancel the apps connection prompt, it then immediately went into connected status and I was able to fly the drone. Conversely you can also try to disable your phone's automatic connection to the Skydio (set to manual) and wait till the drone is powered up then connect up only using the app and ignoring the phone's WIFI connection menu. The app is capable of doing it directly but I don't think it was always like that so if you are behind a few updates you may have to play around as I described and get the updates completed. I'd suggest leaving the default WIFI password and user name as it is while you get everything working correctly, if you changed it that can be an issue also. Changing that default has caused more then one user to have problems.

Thanks much for your help and great suggestions. Unfortunately I wasn't able to connect the app to the drone using either method. Looks like it's time to bite the bullet and send it to Skydio for an out-of-warranty diagnosis/repair.

Thanks much for your help and great suggestions. Unfortunately I wasn't able to connect the app to the drone using either method. Looks like it's time to bite the bullet and send it to Skydio for an out-of-warranty diagnosis/repair.
They will probably ask you to reset the drone before that probably starting out with the wifi. Good luck and sorry that wasn't much help.

Do you have any update on solution for this issue. I also have the same problem.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup