Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

(Solved) Skydio 2 still has serious connection issues with the latest 15.11 firmware

New guy here--love the insight and knowledge base of users and I am still trying to get things figured out.
I got this drone for only one intent--off road use to follow me in my wheeler. Friday was my first chance to try it out(Done/Beacon fully updated). My phone is a galaxy 10 and I ran the beacon and phone as recommended.
Started out good but the drone kept, I guess loosing me is the correct term? And this was all close proximity--like a max of 20 feet with no obstructions between me and the drone. I am just trying to figure out if its something I am doing wrong or indeed has to do with the latest updates as it sounds like this aspect worked better prior? In any case I am working on a video to show when it happens.. But any insight would be very helpful as I hope the large investment I made isn't a waist...

New guy here--love the insight and knowledge base of users and I am still trying to get things figured out.
I got this drone for only one intent--off road use to follow me in my wheeler. Friday was my first chance to try it out(Done/Beacon fully updated). My phone is a galaxy 10 and I ran the beacon and phone as recommended.
Started out good but the drone kept, I guess loosing me is the correct term? And this was all close proximity--like a max of 20 feet with no obstructions between me and the drone. I am just trying to figure out if its something I am doing wrong or indeed has to do with the latest updates as it sounds like this aspect worked better prior? In any case I am working on a video to show when it happens.. But any insight would be very helpful as I hope the large investment I made isn't a waist...

Good luck man, and welcome.

Just a tiny piece of advice for new friends: Doing practice carefully and step by step, then everything should be good.

Screen recording is also what you can consider for debugging.

Skydio 2 has some limitations but I believe that it will keep improving.

I am a newbie here, too. Just feel this forum is a good place to exchange the technical topics of using Skydio 2.

Hope you enjoy it and Happy fly as always.

Reactions: CrashMan
If possible try again with the beacon only. I use a Samsung A12 and iPad 10 with similar results, no problem beacon only.

Good luck man, and welcome.

Just a tiny piece of advice for new friends: Doing practice carefully and step by step, then everything should be good.

Screen recording is also what you can consider for debugging.

Skydio 2 has some limitations but I believe that it will keep improving.

I am a newbie here, too. Just feel this forum is a good place to exchange the technical topics of using Skydio 2.

Hope you enjoy it and Happy fly as always.
Ya--I need more practice for sure...

I can't.

Yes, I check and the result is the same as yours. :rolleyes:

They're busy, understandably, but I don't appreciate the way they respond to customer issues requests.

I believe that they will upload the update some of the days but need to wait...

This company is going through some difficulties...
I got an email back from Julia @ Skydio. She gave me the link to the most current firmware updates. Unfortunately it is what you already have V15.11.36
No mention of any newer updates being worked on.

Reactions: Sky Cyclist
Check out this video from today, the first part is with the beacon and iPad. I had three disconnects and tracking was poor, the camera was oscillating up and down, positioning was not stable. The second part of the video is beacon only and you can see its much more stable. This is the old firmware not the firmware that was just released.

Reactions: Sky Cyclist
I upgraded to the latest version of Firmware (15.11.33) and had a quick test.

Here is the latest information:

Today I changed to a place to test, which is very remote, far from the city. I used the Beacon and Phone combination mode operating the Cable skill, I can feel that the original weak connection situation has improved. The stability of the connection has been improved, and the pixelation of the mobile app screen has also been improved.

Because of the weather, I can't do the same test at the same location as before, but I'd feel the improvement is noticeable and significant.

Now I feel I can finally use Skydio 2 with a little more confidence.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup