Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Things to keep in mind for a Skydio pilot living outside of US/Can

JFZ

Reaction score
Hi!

I'm about to buy a Skydio 2+ Sports Kit, and I want to confirm a few things before spending that amount of money.

1. Ordering the drone seems possible via myus.com. But I also can let a friend of mine in the US make the purchase. He will then send it to me with UPS Worldwide. Isn't that a better solution?

2. Dimensions and weight. I think I read somewhere that the weight of a Skydio 2+ incl. the Sports Kit is 9lbs = just above 4kg. Is that correct?
However, I haven't found the size of the actual package. It must be larger than the hard case, given there is more stuff included in the Sports kit than fits in that case. So, does anyone have the package dimensions?

3. Skydio Care. From what I understand, you're allowed to fly outside of the US/Can. But will Skydio Care cover possible damages if it took place elsewhere in the world, caused by a pilot who lives in another country, with another citizenship? :) I want to be sure :)

I appreciate any help you can provide.

BR,
Fabian (Hopefully becoming a Skydio owner soon)

apparently skydio care is not transferable so you want to be the one to purchase it and/or the drone. make sure you add it within 30 days of the purchase.

read the terms below, doesn't sound like it covers outside us/canada.

COVERAGE AREAS

The Services are only available to customers that purchase and operate the Covered Drone exclusively in the United States and Canada.

Reactions: dontpanic
I'm waiting to find out from Skydio ANZ if Skydio Care will be accepted for use AU and NZ being as they sell to 'enterprise' customers there - not technically everyone.

Other countries I would doubt it

I have insurance which covers loss, but then you'd have to go through the whole process of shipping agents etc again if you required a replacement

If anything I'd choose the Cinema Kit over the Sport.

I only know the dimensions for the Pro Kit which is virtually the same was 17lb in a 15x20x15" box

Hi!

I'm about to buy a Skydio 2+ Sports Kit, and I want to confirm a few things before spending that amount of money.

1. Ordering the drone seems possible via myus.com. But I also can let a friend of mine in the US make the purchase. He will then send it to me with UPS Worldwide. Isn't that a better solution?

2. Dimensions and weight. I think I read somewhere that the weight of a Skydio 2+ incl. the Sports Kit is 9lbs = just above 4kg. Is that correct?
However, I haven't found the size of the actual package. It must be larger than the hard case, given there is more stuff included in the Sports kit than fits in that case. So, does anyone have the package dimensions?

3. Skydio Care. From what I understand, you're allowed to fly outside of the US/Can. But will Skydio Care cover possible damages if it took place elsewhere in the world, caused by a pilot who lives in another country, with another citizenship? :) I want to be sure :)

I appreciate any help you can provide.

BR,
Fabian (Hopefully becoming a Skydio owner soon)

There will be 4 days difference according to where it is shipped to.

I bet they will cover. Only you have to handle all of the processes and extra costs.

Skydio does not restrict their drones only to be used in US.

Though I bet so, I wouldn't buy it myself.

Instead, I will buy a brand new drone and in fact, I have two Skydio.

Reactions: kenmavic2zoom
Fabian
Be careful using outside USA.
Just spent over 4 months trying to get mine repaired after it crashed, and I had the care package.
Took out care after telling them I was in Australia, they took the care payment but then didnt honor the claim.
Cost me a fortune, I had to return it to Skydio USA, had to deal with customs, Then Skydio had to return it to a USA address, Then I had to forward from USA address to Australia address, still waiting to see if I have to pay duty again.
I would not do it again.
If you make a claim dont tell them you used out the country although they will be able to tell.
Good luck, be careful, enjoy

Reactions: Ridefreak
Fabian
Be careful using outside USA.
Just spent over 4 months trying to get mine repaired after it crashed, and I had the care package.
Took out care after telling them I was in Australia, they took the care payment but then didnt honor the claim.
Cost me a fortune, I had to return it to Skydio USA, had to deal with customs, Then Skydio had to return it to a USA address, Then I had to forward from USA address to Australia address, still waiting to see if I have to pay duty again.
I would not do it again.
If you make a claim dont tell them you used out the country although they will be able to tell.
Good luck, be careful, enjoy
What did they actually say in the emails when you stated you were in Australia in the first place?

Was the crash even something that is covered by warranty? If it hit a tree, was it a branch that is smaller than 1/2" diameter etc.

You should have just gotten insurance through Precision Autonomy, they would have written it off and you could have ordered a new one, but would have stung $500 excess

If you are willing to pay for the additional enterprise software $750USD and a full Pro Kit I think you can actually purchase directly from Skydio ANZ as an Enterprise customer these days - they stopped using Sphere Drones here

I told them I bought the drone and lived in Australia and they said to take out the care on the website.
I asked twice and they said to buy on website.
I tried Sphere drones and they told me The pricing starts at around 6,743 AUD for the base kit option with the enterprise software.
I will look into precision Autonomy

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup