Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

This video will change a lot of minds

Gotta chuckle when I see the DJI faithful meandering to this thread. They've had to contend with abandonment and now they have the S2 to also worry about. Life just ain't fair...

Reactions: VEGASROBBI
I'd really like this board to stay clean, I'm not judging the SD2 one way or the other yet but I'm very excited about it. To say "I'm out.. it's a joke" based on frivolous data, and not even a owner, degrades the integrity of the forum.

I see over at the "big" forum they shut down the popular Fimi thread because it ruffled some feathers, censorship at it's best. Let's hope the mods keep it clean over here. I've been on 3DR, Yuneec and Parrot Pilots for years with good moderation.

I haven't read anything so far that I find discouraging regarding the S2 platform. The manufacturing and potential delays I find more concerning for Skydio as a company to keep momentum and interest focused on S2 product and not negatively or the competition.

The S2 timing will be interesting, with the release of the EVO2 (reportedly), that too may hamper or help. How many will or are intending to purchase both? Actually the release of both may have a negative impact on DJI's next release of this size platform... that would be number 3 purchase for many and that may need to wait. If DJI's next is an Inspire 3 release, that's in a different market and most likely won't be in the budgetary range of many that purchase the M3, EVO2 or S2 size platforms.

I'm interested in a comment Billy made on the "zone" or bubble perimeter around the S2. I heard 1 meter for OA clearance and 3 meters (10 feet) for safety distance from subject. It was mentioned the FW could be tuned by Skydio to decrease these values. I'd like to see that be a software setting the Owner has access. That would be an important setting in some environments... SWAT entering a structure, Fire Resue, or SAR in timber as a few examples... or construction for the daily/weekly launched course through the structure.

Software wise... like the Mavic Mini development and any Software. Not concerned at all; that is just a matter of time checking off high priority items and continuing development.

The same for telemetry, I'm sure within the flight data, the telemetry is recording. Getting telemetry activity on screen and available for review in accessible logs is simply a matter of time. Although I would agree not having out the gate was a little short sited... IF the RC and screen were your primary focus. The S2 wasn't designed as a RC & Screen being primary, the Becon in pocket or hand was... and displaying telemetry isn't a requirement.

My concern is manufacturing and market. The product I think... sight unseen... is amazing technology and I really hope they can provide product to meet demand and sustain a market lead to retain that competitive edge before DJI introduces a competitive option.

I'm in 2nd batch... I pondered a bit too long to grasp the technology and I was a little hesitant of another R1 not being all that successful or marketed. Looking back, I regret not tossing a $100 in sooner just to be in the early release.

Nothing has detoured the excitement... actually the opposite, I'm more anxious now.

I'd really like this board to stay clean, I'm not judging the SD2 one way or the other yet but I'm very excited about it. To say "I'm out.. it's a joke" based on frivolous data, and not even a owner, degrades the integrity of the forum.

I see over at the "big" forum they shut down the popular Fimi thread because it ruffled some feathers, censorship at it's best. Let's hope the mods keep it clean over here. I've been on 3DR, Yuneec and Parrot Pilots for years with good moderation.
You're spot on! Agree totally!
I enjoy the UAV forums, all of them. I truly enjoy the Yuneec forum for depth of some of the content and discussions. The Comercial forum is slowly gaining ground on the same type of content.

I own multiple brands, use the DJI platforms the most but always watching the improvements from other brands and platform's possible strength and advantages.

Each UAV forum has their ups & challenges... promoting the individual platform and discussing the strengths and advice to improve or gain knowledge are the positive channels. Encouraging behavior to fly outside regulations I find disappointing and negative for the UAV society.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaimejcornado