Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Thoughts on Skydio’s new January 4th “Update?”

I just ordered a Skydio 2+ Pro.

I just returned a DJI M3 money pit.

My only disappointment in Skydio 2+ is not being able to fly when it gets dark.

Why not allow an obstacle avoidance override at owners own risk?

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
I just ordered a Skydio 2+ Pro.

I just returned a DJI M3 money pit.

My only disappointment in Skydio 2+ is not being able to fly when it gets dark.

Why not allow an obstacle avoidance override at owners own risk?
skydio 2+ pro ?

Curious if this is a Skydio 3 or a software update for the Skydio 2? I hope not cause I just bought the Skydio 2. Thoughts?
Well it looks like they have a new Drone version the Skydio 2+, If you just bought the Skydio 2 and still have all the packaging you have 30 days to return but read their return policy here https://support.skydio.com/hc/en-us/articles/360000998033. I unfortunately tossed my packaging. There is a software update also and new batteries that have additional run time and these will work with Skydio 2 also.

Meh, not enough here for me to fret about owning the original. Glad the new batteries work. I’ll wait for a brand new consumer drone as this is more of a end of cycle update.

Reactions: Setwalker
Since my prior Skydio order was within the 30 day return window, I chatted 'em up and they accepted it as return and have a Skydio 2+ Pro package coming, upgrading from Cinema because of the addition of the two year care plan to it. Thanks to @kenmavic2zoom for the tip on upgrading to that.

The extended range and longer batteries are well worth it IMO. Less worry. ; )

Can't wait, WOOT!

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
PS I noticed on their product page it supports time lapse recording. Is this a new feature? I don’t recall seeing it before.

It's not very clear to me whether the new Skydio 2+ will work with old equipment. I'd love to just buy the drone, use my old beacon and batteries but guessing since the major deal is 5G thing probably not. I can't swallow $1500 for a whole another kit. I was really hoping for a form factor update. Love something foldable.

The range is really nice and one of my biggest gripes but not enough to motivate me to spend $1500. Looking to see some real world reviews of how good the range really is too...

Reactions: Setwalker

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UpAboveVisuals