Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Thoughts on Skydio’s new January 4th “Update?”

well regardless of the somewhat minor tweaks, my S2 was from batch 1 so I've had it for 2 years and the amount of use I get out of this drone makes it a no brainer upgrade for me!

I'm mildly concerned that something has gotta give out on the robot sooner or later haha!

strange that the new pro kit only comes with 3 batteries though, the old one had 4...

I’m confused a bit about the batteries. The + version is $25 more and gives you 4 minutes more of flight time and yet they
have the same 4280mAh rating??

52476287-C780-45F4-BFAE-3F9CA2C2C19A.jpeg

97F2A54F-5309-4488-97C0-485BFB7B374A.jpeg

So Keyframe is like cable cam evolved.
Or waypoint missions…..

Very cool feature!

Can the “path” be saved and played again at sometime in the future?

Looking at photos of new beacon…I would have trouble knowing if I had a new one or old one in my hand. Maybe some kind of labelling on the back???

So Keyframe is like cable cam evolved.
Or waypoint missions…..

Very cool feature!

Can the “path” be saved and played again at sometime in the future?

Looking at photos of new beacon…I would have trouble knowing if I had a new one or old one in my hand. Maybe some kind of labelling on the back???
go to the dollar store and get a package of coloured dots. i use them for everything....from labeling old vs. new equipment, identify where cables plug in and which direction, etc. i absolutely hate to shove a cable into the connector upside down and then have to go back and forth a few times to make it work. orange dot to orange dot. my new skydio batteries will have a blue dot and the old batteries will have a yellow dot. the hdmi connector is easy but it has a green dot and then on the backside of the monitor that has several slots, green dot on the frame so i don't have to turn it over (while on the tripod) and sort it out.

go to the dollar store and get a package of coloured dots. i use them for everything....from labeling old vs. new equipment, identify where cables plug in and which direction, etc. i absolutely hate to shove a cable into the connector upside down and then have to go back and forth a few times to make it work. orange dot to orange dot. my new skydio batteries will have a blue dot and the old batteries will have a yellow dot. the hdmi connector is easy but it has a green dot and then on the backside of the monitor that has several slots, green dot on the frame so i don't have to turn it over (while on the tripod) and sort it out.
Good tip and I label lots of stuff as well.

I was thinking about the potential confusion that could arise if there were several of them without personalized markings. A couple of guys have different versions and put them down on a park bench, a service tech has 10 of them on the bench. If they look exactly the same that could be trouble. 😀

I don't suppose it makes any sense to Uninstall/Reinstall the Skydio app to see if that will force the update for my Android... Probably won't, it'd be more trouble than it's worth, right??

I don't suppose it makes any sense to Uninstall/Reinstall the Skydio app to see if that will force the update for my Android... Probably won't, it'd be more trouble than it's worth, right??
You can see the update on the Google Play store.... last changed 12/30/21 so it won't help to try and reinstall.

I just got it for Android. Having a hell of a time with the update. I keep getting message that its unable to connect to the drone despite the notification and WIFI saying otherwise.

It just randomly said that the update finished after I tried to cancel it. Im not starting out with a lot of faith in this.

Last edited:
skydio 2+ pro ?
Sorry, I should have said Pro kit.
I just got it for Android. Having a hell of a time with the update. I keep getting message that its unable to connect to the drone despite the notification and WIFI saying otherwise.

It just randomly said that the update finished after I tried to cancel it. Im not starting out with a lot of faith in this.
It’s Android. Don’t blame Skydio ;)
Be patient and do lots of reboots and retries. There is good reason Android takes longer.

FYI, I work on Android for a living.

Grrr. I hate forums that merge totally unrelated posts. Must be Android under the hood.

Sorry, I should have said Pro kit.

It’s Android. Don’t blame Skydio ;)
Be patient and do lots of reboots and retries. There is good reason Android takes longer.

FYI, I work on Android for a living.

Grrr. I hate forums that merge totally unrelated posts.
Well I can not connect with my phone anymore. The controller works. I guess I should try the Beacon. Did lots of reboots, deleted and reinstalled the app. No go. Now the loooooong wait for Skydio support.

Well I can not connect with my phone anymore. The controller works. I guess I should try the Beacon. Did lots of reboots, deleted and reinstalled the app. No go. Now the loooooong wait for Skydio support.
Did the drone get updated?

If all else fails, find someone with an iPhone you can borrow for a bit and make sure the firmware is updated. Then go back to Android.

Did the drone get updated?

If all else fails, find someone with an iPhone you can borrow for a bit and make sure the firmware is updated. Then go back to Android.
Yes it did update. I was even able to take it for a short test flight. It works with my controller connected to the phone and the Beacon connected to the phone. The issue must be with my phone somewhere. How dare you say use an iPhone, Im not about to put on skinny jeans and hang out at Starbucks working on my screenplay with my imac. LOL. I think I have it worked out. Thanks for the help.

Yes it did update. I was even able to take it for a short test flight. It works with my controller connected to the phone and the Beacon connected to the phone. The issue must be with my phone somewhere. How dare you say use an iPhone, Im not about to put on skinny jeans and hang out at Starbucks working on my screenplay with my imac. LOL. I think I have it worked out. Thanks for the help.

Skinny jeans. LOL. I’m a Dunkin Donut coffee guy and wear just regular old Lee jeans, I think, I’ll have too look ;) But I do own a Mac.

Has anyone found out how you get KeyFrame on an existing Skydio 2? I really only have interest in the feature set not the extended range batteries.

Thanks

Has anyone found out how you get KeyFrame on an existing Skydio 2? I really only have interest in the feature set not the extended range batteries.

Thanks
update the skydio app on your iphone, android phone or tablet and you should get keyframes with the latest version. you may need to perform a software update on the drone as well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup