Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Update 19.0.50: Beacon will not be updated

haveaniceday

Reaction score
Hello together
I applied the update today after getting the new app last week.

On the Skydio the update went through smoothly.

I charged my batteries first after the Skydio2 update. Then I turned off the Skydio again, rebooted and started the Beacon. After the start the Beacon was connected to the Skydio (GPS Sync) and I connected the Beacon to the smartphone. Unfortunately, the Beacon does not update. I have also tried several times,

Currently I have the following versions:
Android App: 19.0.42
Skydio2: 19.0.50
Beacon: 15.11.33

Does anyone have a tip for me on how to update the Beacon.

Thanks and greetings from Switzerland
Markus

P.S.: Also the Dual Charger did not make an update

Reactions: Sky Cyclist
Update:

I had a lot of diskussion in the facebook groups. I have now opened a support ticket at skydio. let's see what comes out.

I believe that I connected the Beacon directly to the Skydio 2 to get it to update, while they were both on.

The Beacon is supposed to update on its own when turned on but this time it didn't for some reason.

Reactions: Ridefreak
I believe that I connected the Beacon directly to the Skydio 2 to get it to update, while they were both on.

The Beacon is supposed to update on its own when turned on but this time it didn't for some reason.
Thats true
On the last Update (15.x) the beacon mades the update automatically over wireless.
But with the Update 19.x he doesn't.

The binding you refer to has caused me issues also although not a bad. I updated the beacon (19.0.50) through wifi but when out flying it seemed to forget it's binding to the drone with the app asking me for the beacon password (pw has been already saved with the wifi connection properties and connected normally through the update). Even with the correct pw it wouldn't connect. I ignored the issue because I was controlling with the beacon and went ahead and flew. Next flight it 30min later it remembered the binding and connected normally. For me this has been the most serious issue I've noted with that update. I performed the most recent update with no issues. I'm hoping the "bug fixes" in this last update address that problem. Connectivity seems to have gotten flakey lately, it was always fairly solid prior to this.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup