Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Wrong drone sent back from Skydio Repair.

SkyDeezNuts

Reaction score
I sent my brand new Skydio 2 in to have one hookplate replaced. They charged me over 300 dollars and sent back some beat up old drone. Mine didn’t have a mark on it. They were supposed to repair My Drone. Is this normal ? Please Help

For help you need to go to Skydio and give them the serial numbers. Sounds like they made a mistake that should be easily resolved.

I sent my brand new Skydio 2 in to have one hookplate replaced. They charged me over 300 dollars and sent back some beat up old drone. Mine didn’t have a mark on it. They were supposed to repair My Drone. Is this normal ? Please Help
It's probably my old one :cool:

I had the opposite experience, I sent in my old S2 with a lot of flights to get a hook plate replacement and I got a new S2 back.

Reactions: Saladshooter
I had the opposite experience, I sent in my old S2 with a lot of flights to get a hook plate replacement and I got a new S2 back.
Thanks for the reply. It sounds like it worked out in your favor! I hope they don’t just send out random drones to everyone expecting their drone back.

usually it's a new drone from all appearances if you don't get the same one back.

It sounds like several people on here have received a different drone from Skydio repair. Do you know of anyone that did receive the same drone they sent in for repairs?

I got what appears to be a brand new one. Had a different serial number. Had to spend another $5 to register a new one.

I got what appears to be a brand new one. Had a different serial number. Had to spend another $5 to register a new one.
Your $5 registration for recreational flying covers all your drones..... you just need to put the FAA number you have on the new Skydio, DJI, Autel etc.

I would be thrilled to get a new drone back after sending a beat one in for repair. SkyDeezNuts definitely got the short end of the deal.... hopefully Skydio will step up and make it right. They are known for sometimes going above and beyond to resolve problems.

Reactions: SkyDeezNuts
Skydio responded to my email and said they are not repairing and sending back drones because it would take too long. They instead send back a factory refurbished unit. I was in communication with Skydio for several weeks and they led me to believe my drone was being repaired. There was never any mention of a refurbished unit. If this is the standard procedure why not be upfront about it.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup