Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

LeafPeeper

Reaction score
Just powered on my S2 and was notified of the above update. Anybody else update yet? Says bug fixes and improved flight performance. Not sure how to tell if they added anything else.

LP

Just powered on my S2 and was notified of the above update. Anybody else update yet? Says bug fixes and improved flight performance. Not sure how to tell if they added anything else.

LP

Thanks for the heads up. Maybe they have addressed the ever-present GPS height limitation issues I seem to be plagued with ?. In any event the update went smoothly.

The drone got very warm while doing nothing but sitting on its case doing the update, so maybe that's just how this drone does, eh?

If you're talking about the occasional 30ft height limit warning for no apparent reason that you just move sideways a bit to clear, then no. I got my first one tonight, after loading the new firmware. I didn't notice any new features or behavior differences since the update - although it did include a beacon update as well.

As far as getting warm while sitting, mine does too, and the manual even say normal. As to the overheating issue that seems to be plaguing the facebook group, I haven't seen that yet, but it hasn't been very hot here.

LP

Reactions: kgilbertsen
If you're talking about the occasional 30ft height limit warning for no apparent reason that you just move sideways a bit to clear, then no. I got my first one tonight, after loading the new firmware. I didn't notice any new features or behavior differences since the update - although it did include a beacon update as well.

As far as getting warm while sitting, mine does too, and the manual even say normal. As to the overheating issue that seems to be plaguing the facebook group, I haven't seen that yet, but it hasn't been very hot here.

LP
Yeah, it is the 30 ft warning. Although, I've flown across the Chicago River and back and not been able to clear it, as the most extreme example. That was a couple hundred feet. I will continue trying, and figure that I've just hit some bad spots. Don't know about a FB group as I'm not there...

Anyone see any difference?
Nothing here, still scary how it behaves over water surface.

Ok ..I upgraded my skydio to the newest firmware and now the drone won't charge batteries and I can't do a factory reset. Skydio says they don't have a clue and my drone is out of warranty. So basically I have a 1300.00 paperweight or I can pay 150 just to check ..with cost going as high as 850.00 (cost of refurb) So I'm looking for ideas.

Ok ..I upgraded my skydio to the newest firmware and now the drone won't charge batteries and I can't do a factory reset. Skydio says they don't have a clue and my drone is out of warranty. So basically I have a 1300.00 paperweight or I can pay 150 just to check ..with cost going as high as 850.00 (cost of refurb) So I'm looking for ideas.
That's strange :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup