Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Altitude limit

While the spec still says it can fly to 1640' (500m) above launch point, I read somewhere that initially they have artificially limited it to 426' (130m) for the time being. I've sent in a load of questions to Support including "when do we get 500m?" but no reply yet. As others noted mine tops out at 130m currently which is annoying when flying in mountainous terrain.

Max flight ceiling is stated at 15,000' which is nice. I've only flown it launching at about 6500', without an issue.
If you watch the drone, it actually stops climbing at 400ft. Oddly enough, the app keeps calculating height to about 426ft or so. The telemetry is not very accurate.

I've sent in a load of questions to Support including "when do we get 500m?" but no reply yet
Well, Skydio better get this fixed before my batch 3 order reservation comes due. 400 feet won't even get me to the top of the 800 foot rise for the mountain behind my house. Probably will cancel the order if this isn't fixed before my notification. This would be the straw that broke the camel's back so to speak if I can't even fly above the mountain tops surrounding the valley I live in.

Well, Skydio better get this fixed before my batch 3 order reservation comes due. 400 feet won't even get me to the top of the 800 foot rise for the mountain behind my house. Probably will cancel the order if this isn't fixed before my notification. This would be the straw that broke the camel's back so to speak if I can't even fly above the mountain tops surrounding the valley I live in.
There’s a lot of time till then. Hopefully it’ll get sorted.

I emailed Skydio support and asked when the altitude limit would be increased since it was promised to be done by now. My email -

In Skydio's support article, How high can Skydio 2 fly? , it states -

The current height limitation for Skydio 2's shipping in 2019 is 130m (427 ft.). This capability will be increased to the above specification of 500m/1640 ft. with a software update in early 2020.

We're now into the 3rd week of the 2nd quarter and still no increase to 500m. Will the maximum altitude be increased to the stated 500m, and if so, when

Skydio's response:
Very sorry about the late response. Skydio 2 will be updated with higher altitude flights in the future, but I don't currently have a timeline to share right now. It should be updated with the next big update coming soon. I recommend checking out our Instagram @skydiohq or sign up for our newsletter at Skydio.com at the bottom of the page to be updated to any news regarding updates. Thank you and take care

In reading some of the details on this new product, I found that they are restricting the altitude limit to just over 400 feet. They mention that they will address that limit with a firmware update at a latter time. With some of the mountain flying that I tend to do, I’m going to hang back on this one until that feature is more acceptable.
Everybody catch that one?
I assume that you know that it is 400 feet above t/o point

Reactions: Jetlag
Found this today on Skydio web site
1668034195814.png
Huge improvement. It looks like now it is based on location of control device not t/o point. Another plus.

I have been flying in both mountain and canyon country and have no problem getting up to around 1500 feet above launch. Sometimes am limited by the 400 feet below launch limit.

Found this today on Skydio web site
View attachment 901
Huge improvement. It looks like now it is based on location of control device not t/o point. Another plus.
I think it's always been like that, I've had the drone follow me up a mtn road where I definitely traveled over 400' in the vertical direction over the period of a mile or so. I don't fly the drone real high but I always assumed it'd to follow the beacon where ever it goes, so far it always has.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup