Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Bad Gimbal?

I many times wished it had Sport Mode. Holding the the boost button, controlling the left stick and gimbal at the same time can be tricky and ruin your shot!
Still don't have mine but my understanding is you can boost the speed in the settings permanently? No?

Still don't have mine but my understanding is you can boost the speed in the settings permanently? No?

I tried that. I never got top speed like that and it didn't seem to matter sometimes. The drone would decide that it was going to fly slow and if I didn't like it too bad!!! Hahaha! Unless I hit the Boost button, it wasn't going to fly at top speed in manual.

Reactions: Lifeisfun
I tried that. I never got top speed like that and it didn't seem to matter sometimes. The drone would decide that it was going to fly slow and if I didn't like it too bad!!! Hahaha! Unless I hit the Boost button, it wasn't going to fly at top speed in manual.
Well that's stupid ?
BTW seen another video with bad camera so looks like if they ship at all due to lack of parts from China they ship more replacements then actual orders :(

I many times wished it had Sport Mode. Holding the the boost button, controlling the left stick and gimbal at the same time can be tricky and ruin your shot!
Mod the controller with a switch!

I too have had the gimbal issue twice. Contacted Skydio about it and told them I would do another test flight. Haven't had a chance to fly.

I too have had the gimbal issue twice. Contacted Skydio about it and told them I would do another test flight. Haven't had a chance to fly.
Did Skydio request you do anything specific in your follow-up flights?

Did Skydio request you do anything specific in your follow-up flights?

Or did they ask for logs? Seems they don't need follow-up flights. I would think the logs would suffice.

I'm still waiting for the promised software update that will fix my issue. It's kinda like the shipping issues... they give dates and promises and miss them. Still waiting. I need to do some flying in a couple of weeks and now they are asking me to be patient. Ugh... I guess I'll just post a bunch of crappy-looking videos and see if that lights the fire! ;)

"None" of the drone companies do an acceptable job of describing what specific bugs are fixed in a firmware update.

Throw in how delicate a gimbal is and chances are it will take more than one fix (update) to completely fix a specific problem.

Good luck....

So I've had a bit of back and forth with support... they got my logs and say the engineers found a bug that will be fixed in a software update later this month. But if I'm needing a solution sooner, they can swap my drone.

So when I pressed them about the fact that if this was a software issue, how will swapping drones fix it and also that if it's software why am I the only one with the issue, they responded with a non-response.

I can wait for a couple of weeks. If there's a software update that fixes this, great. If the next software update does not fix it, I'll go back with a bit more force.

Frankly, I'll be surprised if software fixes this, but maybe there is some parameter for tuning that didn't allow enough range or something, and I'm out of that range. Who knows...
I received my Skydio 2 on 3/13/20 and have been unable to fly it due to the V35: Gimbal issue error message, turned it off and back on numerous times, did a factory reset, but to no avail, was advised an update in a couple weeks "should" resolve the issue, but my 30-day return window may close by then so I elected to return it today for a full refund.
I wish you guys better luck.

I received my Skydio 2 on 3/13/20 and have been unable to fly it due to the V35: Gimbal issue error message, turned it off and back on numerous times, did a factory reset, but to no avail, was advised an update in a couple weeks "should" resolve the issue, but my 30-day return window may close by then so I elected to return it today for a full refund.
Did you try today's new update?

No, I was told the update that might resolve my issue was a couple weeks out and, despite explaining how the V35: Gimbal issue was preventing the drone from launching, I was requested to fly the drone to generate a flight log for the engineers to review!
That's when I decided it was time to ship it back while I still had the opportunity to return it because it was obvious they are hard pressed to provide much technical support at this time.

No, I was told the update that might resolve my issue was a couple weeks out and, despite explaining how the V35: Gimbal issue was preventing the drone from launching, I was requested to fly the drone to generate a flight log for the engineers to review!
That's when I decided it was time to ship it back while I still had the opportunity to return it because it was obvious they are hard pressed to provide much technical support at this time.
That's unfortunate :(
So you uploaded the log and got no more responses?

Could you clarify something?

Is the 30 day return window a Skydio return policy for "all" new purchases?

I don't recall seeing that stated in their company literature.

Could you clarify something?

Is the 30 day return window a Skydio return policy for "all" new purchases?

I don't recall seeing that stated in their company literature.
Yes, all new purchases have 30 day trial
You have to pay shipping back to Skydio

All purchases from the Skydio online store have a 30 day return period, starting from the day your product is delivered to you. To initiate the return for refund process, you must first contact the Skydio support team. See the section below for details. How the return process works Before mailing any returns to Skydio, you must first contact our support team at [email protected], or call us at 855-GOFLY02 (855-463-5902). To complete your return, you may be required to provide a receipt or proof...

Last edited:
No log to upload because the gimbal issue prevented it from launching.
That's strange, it should be logging immediately when you power it on.
It did not find any logs?

Yes, all new purchases have 30 day trial
You have to pay shipping back to Skydio

All purchases from the Skydio online store have a 30 day return period, starting from the day your product is delivered to you. To initiate the return for refund process, you must first contact the Skydio support team. See the section below for details. How the return process works Before mailing any returns to Skydio, you must first contact our support team at [email protected], or call us at 855-GOFLY02 (855-463-5902). To complete your return, you may be required to provide a receipt or proof...
Looks like the typical boilerplate policy for returns ... thanks for the info.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup