Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Been over a year since my last flight

Rich Z

Reaction score
Website
www.faunaclassifieds.com
Last flight was end of August 2021. Had things come up, not the least of which are medical problems for the wife and I.

Sooo, looking for something to take my mind off of things and figured I would break out the Skydio 2. Charging everything up now. And guess I should check for firmware updates. Am I going to run into issues doing updates at this late date after such a long pause? Some updates for devices I have had required chronological updates since the last one, and will sometimes choke when a newer update is loaded without the previous ones having been installed. So hoping I won't have that sort of headache awaiting me.

Guess I am going to be pretty rusty with the controls, but fortunately the object avoidance smarts of the Skydio will keep me from getting into too much trouble. Hopefully, anyway. My property is heavily wooded, so it wouldn't take much to wind up having this thing stuck up in a pine tree if it got squirrely on me or I zig when I should have zagged.

Last flight was end of August 2021. Had things come up, not the least of which are medical problems for the wife and I.

Sooo, looking for something to take my mind off of things and figured I would break out the Skydio 2. Charging everything up now. And guess I should check for firmware updates. Am I going to run into issues doing updates at this late date after such a long pause? Some updates for devices I have had required chronological updates since the last one, and will sometimes choke when a newer update is loaded without the previous ones having been installed. So hoping I won't have that sort of headache awaiting me.

Guess I am going to be pretty rusty with the controls, but fortunately the object avoidance smarts of the Skydio will keep me from getting into too much trouble. Hopefully, anyway. My property is heavily wooded, so it wouldn't take much to wind up having this thing stuck up in a pine tree if it got squirrely on me or I zig when I should have zagged.
Hey Rich,
I just took my S2 out for some tracking work after a few months and sure enough there was an update. Did the update and now I have a "V240: Gimbal Issue" and it won't let me fly. Worked perfectly prior to update so I'm kinda pissed. If it's working fine without updating, you may want to hold off. I have a ticket in with Skydio so waiting to hear what they say. Mine is currently in the "expensive paperweight" category for now but I have tracking work that needs to be done. I guess it's time to fall back on DJI and see how the Mavic 3 will do as tracking backup for now 🍻

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
Problem is, if it says you need an update, I don't think it will fly until you do the update...

Problem is, if it says you need an update, I don't think it will fly until you do the update...
It's happened to me, go to power the drone up out somewhere and I can't fly till I go through the update process. I've never tried to bypass that, instead I power it up at home the night before, it's a great time to check the sd and format it if needed, it's saved me some headaches with updates.

Hey Rich,
I just took my S2 out for some tracking work after a few months and sure enough there was an update. Did the update and now I have a "V240: Gimbal Issue" and it won't let me fly. Worked perfectly prior to update so I'm kinda pissed. If it's working fine without updating, you may want to hold off. I have a ticket in with Skydio so waiting to hear what they say. Mine is currently in the "expensive paperweight" category for now but I have tracking work that needs to be done. I guess it's time to fall back on DJI and see how the Mavic 3 will do as tracking backup for now 🍻
With DJI, you can pass the updates! I do it all the time but sometimes I do it the night before!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FRANCISCO MENDES MORAES