Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Can you adjust height from the beacon?

Brentbat

Reaction score
I'm brand new to Skydio2. I know Beacon allows you to adjust angle when motion tracking, and you can adjust distance... but can you adjust height separately... or is the distance just taking you up on a standard angle?

Point the beacon at the S2, push and hold the blue Skydio button and you can drag the S2 wherever you want. Go easy especially when at a distance because the input is exaggerated further out.

With this feature you can control altitude and angles not available when pushing the arrows.

Reactions: Jetlag
Thanks VegasRobbi... I might try that, but it is suboptimal. I have the beacon mounted on my handlebars on my adventure motorcycle, so ideally I was looking for a way of just tweaking it with a button press. But I know I can do it on the iPhone App, so I'll stick to that.

Thanks VegasRobbi... I might try that, but it is suboptimal. I have the beacon mounted on my handlebars on my adventure motorcycle, so ideally I was looking for a way of just tweaking it with a button press. But I know I can do it on the iPhone App, so I'll stick to that.
I also have the beacon mounted my big bike, it definitely makes it difficult if not impossible to wand with the beacon. I really don't like the mount for that reason, with the safety strap I added it's difficult to get out of the holder unless your stopped, to distracting to do while I'm riding. I'm not sure if this will work for you, my workaround is to launch the drone start rolling and get it in front of the bike, I'm usually going about 5mph, push the plus key to put it out to the second or third distance then I rotate the beacon forward on it's handlebar mount (pointing it downward) then push the blue button and rotate it backwards, it doesn't rotate much but it doesn't need to when there a little distance like Robbi said. the drone will shoot up pretty far.

I've found when recovering the drone a handlebar mount complicates that also. I stop, turn the bars so the beacon is pointing at the drone, push the blue butting and rotate the bars to move it where I want it to come down. Push stop, put down the kickstand, get off the bike. Then push land and walk over underneath it. No drama, it definitely beats tromping down the side of a hill to catch the drone.

On my other bike I hang it from a backpack strap, much easier to make fast corrections but harder to read because it attached to your chest.

Last weekend I did allot of flying with the handlebar mount and using the circular orientation selection in conjunction with the +/- I've gotten pretty comfortable putting it where I want it.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FRANCISCO MENDES MORAES