Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Ceiling height reached warning

Dannymarg

Reaction score
I am flying the Skydio 2 using my iPad and the beacon as a “antenna“. I’m getting a warning popping up on the screen after launching. Once I launch the Skydio and try to increase altitude a warning comes on the screen saying “ceiling height reached warning“ and it will not allow the drone to fly any higher. Why is this happening how do I fix it?

I am flying the Skydio 2 using my iPad and the beacon as a “antenna“. I’m getting a warning popping up on the screen after launching. Once I launch the Skydio and try to increase altitude a warning comes on the screen saying “ceiling height reached warning“ and it will not allow the drone to fly any higher. Why is this happening how do I fix it?
I'm guessing it happens right after you launch? Typically you just need to fly the drone around laterally in any random direction until it gets a good signal lock, and it will then be able to fly higher than the roughly 33 foot height limit you're seeing.

First of all welcome.

This is a link to the manual if you don’t already have it.

See page 9 Height Ceiling setting.

if you have your mobile phone with the skydio app with you (which you always should since nobody should really try to spend the day with a drone and beacon only), then connect the phone to the beacon (as suggested by skydio) to improve your gps signal and when you launch, you'll see the message on teh phone display telling you how to "release the drone." you can tap on a button and the drone will automatically do the dance to lock in gps; works every time.

Thanks everyone. I will be giving the suggestions a try in about an hour. I do control the drone with strictly my iPad and use the beacon as a signal booster. How do you see in my photo I am in a wheelchair. I am paralyzed and have no dexterity in my fingers. I use a brace that holds my stylus and use the app that way.

Thanks everyone. I will be giving the suggestions a try in about an hour. I do control the drone with strictly my iPad and use the beacon as a signal booster. How do you see in my photo I am in a wheelchair. I am paralyzed and have no dexterity in my fingers. I use a brace that holds my stylus and use the app that way.
Cool.
I tried a few times to fly with the “onscreen” joysticks on my IPhone 13+ and decided that it was a just a matter of time before I flew it into my face!! 😀😀
Fortunately I had a controller that provided better control for me although I still had to duck a few times, but that is all me not the aircraft’s fault!

I’m guessing you are pretty adept with the stylus so likely won’t have any problems.

Looking forward to your first video posting!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup