Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Dual charger stil listed as "Sold out"

frankbonatelli

Reaction score
So it is still listed as sold out on their site but for those that are eagerly awaiting for it like i am I have been told the device will go on sale mid June after all obligations have been met. If you purchased with the upgrade packages and it was MIA you will see it soon. If you where like me and piecemeal things after initial purchase start watching the store around mid June.

So they tell me and if your interested.

So it is still listed as sold out on their site but for those that are eagerly awaiting for it like i am I have been told the device will go on sale mid June after all obligations have been met. If you purchased with the upgrade packages and it was MIA you will see it soon. If you where like me and piecemeal things after initial purchase start watching the store around mid June.

So they tell me and if your interested.
We can hope. I was told May and I think I remember someone else saying April.

Still sold out. They are not even taking back orders.
just buy the Sports Upgrade a' la carte and sell off what you dont want / need on here or EBAY. kinda crappy to have to do that but its is a path forward and TBH i couldn't imagine having to charge thru the Drone ! Huge PITA ! I tried using the "Fathersday" promo code but it didnt work...LOL. not alot of spares reasonably priced out there that i see. FWIT i have the Dual charger. would have SOLD everything by now w/o it.......

Reactions: skytwo
just buy the Sports Upgrade a' la carte and sell off what you dont want / need on here or EBAY. kinda crappy to have to do that but its is a path forward and TBH i couldn't imagine having to charge thru the Drone ! Huge PITA ! I tried using the "Fathersday" promo code but it didnt work...LOL. not alot of spares reasonably priced out there that i see. FWIT i have the Dual charger. would have SOLD everything by now w/o it.......
I have two S2’s so I may give that a try with the Sports Upgrade and sell one of my S2 sets….. charging through the drone blows

im not even sure my dual charger is working half the time. how much are these going for on the open market?

They are just giving IOUs for people buying the upgrades that include the Dual Charger so this won't work. Here is the response to the inquiry I got last week:

Adrienne Siren (Skydio)
Jun 16, 2021, 8:29 AM PDT

Hi,

Apologies for the brief delay in our response. Unfortunately, the Dual Charger is currently still sold out. We anticipate that we'll have them back in our store soon, but can't set any firm expectations beyond that.
  • Note that you can still charge the Skydio 2 batteries directly through the drone itself per the Skydio 2 User Guide.
  • Although the Dual Charger is sold out, you can still purchase the Sports Kit, Cinema Kit, or Pro Kit Upgrades, but note that the Dual Charger (included in those kits) is on backorder and will ship approximately 45 days later than the rest of your order.
We'll be sure to provide an update on the Dual Charger page just as soon as we have it back in stock! Sorry for the wait, and thanks again for your immense patience!

• Wow
Reactions: richinAZ
My two cents is they are done in the consumer level market. It is far to demanding a place.

My two cents is they are done in the consumer level market. It is far to demanding a place.
Not necessarily... enterprise is more lucrative money wise. As long as they are servicing the enterprise market with the Skydio 2 we will have a chance to be swept along with it. Things like the Dual Charger will be produced to service both consumer and enterprise markets.... there is more volume in consumer sales so it will help them get produced.

Its only if they fail to get any traction with the enterprise market selling the expensive software and support contracts for the S2 that we will be abandoned completely. At the moment they are trying to sell both the S2 and the X2 as enterprise solutions. I'm sure they would rather sell them all $10000 X2 drones but a $3000 S2 drone package(drone, controller, batteries, charger, case, premium support), with an add on $3000 annual software package may be more palatable for many businesses.

Not necessarily... enterprise is more lucrative money wise. As long as they are servicing the enterprise market with the Skydio 2 we will have a chance to be swept along with it. Things like the Dual Charger will be produced to service both consumer and enterprise markets.... there is more volume in consumer sales so it will help them get produced.

Its only if they fail to get any traction with the enterprise market selling the expensive software and support contracts for the S2 that we will be abandoned completely. At the moment they are trying to sell both the S2 and the X2 as enterprise solutions. I'm sure they would rather sell them all $10000 X2 drones but a $3000 S2 drone package(drone, controller, batteries, charger, case, premium support), with an add on $3000 annual software package may be more palatable for many businesses.
For sure what you say is a truth...... But we are all only as good as our last error in life and they have completely dropped the ball on customer satisfaction. I have yet to hear more then a small handful of happy users that have had to deal with their atrocious customer service system. If waited two months for results, paid them for a repair i do not believe was operator error ( Is the thing Ai or not if it is then how is it the human is at fault for a decision made by the machine ) and patiently awaited a reply after every email I sent. Seven to ten days before any reply is not good service.

Troll this forum and there are many times more then just my little issue and every one is boiled out of control by a lack of response from Skydio.

If they want success in consumer side they need to step up their game by 110% because from where we all sit it looks grim.

Man I crashed my Mavic and yes my fault but in less time then one email from Skydio I already had a new device in hand and flying. 2 months of polite back and forth gets me a whole lot of frustration and a drone that allegedly is to finally arrive at my door this Tuesday.

No Dual chargers to sell is the least of their worries as a consumer level company. Happy customers is a healthy business!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup