Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Firmware Upgrade

bho11

Reaction score
I upgraded the firmware on our Skydio 2 and now after I connect to the bird I get the error message "SD card too slow for video". tried reformatting and reset, still get error. I have always run SanDisk Ultra SD cards with no problem. Skydio says I need to run SanDisk Extreme cards which are faster than Ultra. Anyone else run into this problem?

You could try zero erasing the SD card, then let your Skydio format it.

I upgraded the firmware on our Skydio 2 and now after I connect to the bird I get the error message "SD card too slow for video". tried reformatting and reset, still get error. I have always run SanDisk Ultra SD cards with no problem. Skydio says I need to run SanDisk Extreme cards which are faster than Ultra. Anyone else run into this problem?
The FW update may have changed the allowable specs.
The Ultra is V10 rated, for HD 1080, the Extreme is V30 rated, for 4K. If shooting HD 1080, should be fine, may fail if set for higher with new FW.

If you do decide to step up to Extreme... you gain nothing getting the higher priced Plus or Pro over the Extreme for video or normal drone photography... the DSLR hi-speed burst can benefit from Plus & Pro.

All 3 cards are V30, U3 rated. The Max speed ratings: 90, 60, 40 is often misleading... higher speed & cost isn’t necessarily better in this case. The Max write speed rating is the rating for burst still photograph. The Min write is the rating for sustained 4K video, and all are rated the same at 30 (Ultra is less than 10).

If shooting 1 photo at a time, like mapping or not multi-shot sustained burst... they all perform equal in photography too. Even if shooting burst on drone, it’s not high enough speed to require Plus or Pro.

Save the money, great deals on standard Extreme 64mb... normally $13 on Amazon compared to BestBuy at $26. The money saved on not getting Pro or Plus, you can get more Extreme cards.

You paid how much for your S2 and you're pinching pennies on MicroSD cards?!? My advice is get fastest best quality card you can find. Lexar is my favorite.

Big bend can be really remote depending on where you are and it's possible to go outlaw in some areas but know it's a $5K fine if they catch you.

Reactions: chatty
Unless your in one of the two "wilderness" areas....

P.S. Loved the park rule about permitting marriages....
I think we will get there eventually. all national parks will have designated areas where drones are allowed. this blanket ban with few exceptions is ridiculous. I know of a few small national parks that are so remote and empty it would make sense the entire park to allow drones.

I think we will get there eventually. all national parks will have designated areas where drones are allowed. this blanket ban with few exceptions is ridiculous. I know of a few small national parks that are so remote and empty it would make sense the entire park to allow drones.
My gut feeling says otherwise.... there's absolutely no reason ANY government bureaucracy backtracks once it gets in power.

Reactions: kgilbertsen

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup