Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Has anyone gotten Skydio2+ to work in Europe?

I didn't do anything beyond just turning it on and sticking it in the microwave. Mind you before that, I did do a full hard reset as per your instructions earlier in the thread. That's the only thing I did, then turned it on quickly and into the microwave. Don't give it time to figure out where it is, you need to put it in right after you press the turn on.
First try: I did hard reset and the blue lights turn on and off alternately. I put the battery in without removing the cable but the lights stopped blinking alternately but started blincing together. During that, I saw the drone connect but it drops. I have removed "automatic login" in the wifi but the network goes down.
Second attempt: I'm redoing the hard reset procedure, I wait and don't put the battery .... We'll see

Attachments

• 5C5CE455-E697-4471-A317-92929FC1A1C1.jpeg
    5C5CE455-E697-4471-A317-92929FC1A1C1.jpeg
    74.1 KB · Views: 20
I wait for the end of the hard reset procedure then I go to sleep. In Italy it is 00:41. Today was a heavy day.

Tomorrow if I don't succeed tonight, I'll go through the hard reset procedure and then try the microwave. Ciao To all de IZ1MAU my name of radio operator. look at www.qrz.com

Hey guys, I have found out that the microwave trick won't work if you have already taken your Skydio 2+ outside and gotten a GPS lock. So you may need to do a full hard reset first and make sure the Skydio 2+ doesn't get a GPS lock (don't give it a chance at all, power on, quick into the microwave)

Reactions: Paolo
Hey guys, I have found out that the microwave trick won't work if you have already taken your Skydio 2+ outside and gotten a GPS lock. So you may need to do a full hard reset first and make sure the Skydio 2+ doesn't get a GPS lock (don't give it a chance at all, power on, quick into the microwave)
Unfortunately I didn't have any luck. I have done the reset procedure. used the microwave. While booting the drone I see the wifi SSD. Then as soon as the lights stay on the SSD disappears. I do not know what to do.

Unfortunately I didn't have any luck. I have done the reset procedure. used the microwave. While booting the drone I see the wifi SSD. Then as soon as the lights stay on the SSD disappears. I do not know what to do.
Same happened to me. You need to try several times until the SSD channel is in one with low interference

Same happened to me. You need to try several times until the SSD channel is in one with low interference
Drone!! The Skydio 2+ work perfectly.My process:
1: 3-layer aluminum film used.
2: updated the software and the sign.
3: wifi put on channel 40.

I am only using the phone and it works perfectly.

Attachments

• B55A44BE-E205-458C-AAD0-EDFF9FB19EAF.jpeg
    B55A44BE-E205-458C-AAD0-EDFF9FB19EAF.jpeg
    138.4 KB · Views: 29
  • A33580C2-59A1-4EA6-A2D9-4B72C7F0CDEF.jpeg
    A33580C2-59A1-4EA6-A2D9-4B72C7F0CDEF.jpeg
    145.3 KB · Views: 26
  • 8D5FA105-6CAA-40A5-B742-12FD3B58F104.jpeg
    8D5FA105-6CAA-40A5-B742-12FD3B58F104.jpeg
    139.4 KB · Views: 25
Good morning all,
I read on this forum that Skydio was working on this issue and they were going to come up with an update. Do you have information and a date?

Finnaly after three days I can fly with my new Skydio 2+... thank you all for the suggestions, I explain you my method (I hope it's helpful for you).
I tried for three times with the hard reset and the aluminum film but when the drone was aluminum-film covered I can't see the wifi connection then I try this:
Hard reset of the drone then I put it in an office closet, I start it and i close the door;
I install on my Samsung S10+ fake gps and position it on USA, then I install the Skydio app;
I start the drone into the Office closet and then (whit the Closed door close) I can see the drone wifi, I update the app and I pot the Wifi channel on channel 40 manually.
With this procedure I can fly with app and beacon, in this days I test the drone in some place and I try to connect the remote controller.
If I have some news I write on this chat.
Thank you to all
Enrico

Attachments

• 20220226_131635.jpg
    20220226_131635.jpg
    223.2 KB · Views: 8
  • 20220226_081911.jpg
    20220226_081911.jpg
    231.6 KB · Views: 8
  • 20220225_170323.jpg
    20220225_170323.jpg
    443.6 KB · Views: 8
Hello,
Yesterday evening, I managed to reset and connect to the drone (microwave oven), after a few minutes (it was not immediate) the application told me that there had an update to do, I managed to download (wifi) but during the download, the drone turned off and when I turned it on, I couldn't reconnect to the drone...
Subsequently I did not manage to do the reset correctly, the procedure is still a bit of a hassle and above all random...
Sometimes the lights flash for a few seconds and then the lights stay on. Sometimes the lights flash for a few seconds and then they flash one after the other but never stop... so it's hard to know if the drone is "factory reset"...
I don't like the aluminum foil option because you can't see the lights and especially the drone heats up.
I just tried several times but I can't.

Could someone explain the reset procedure in more detail, especially how the lights should flash?

Here's what happens, first wifi is on (I manage to connect for a few seconds) and then it turns off. After several restarts I arrive at channel 146 but it does not remain stable
Screenshot_20220227-122730.jpgScreenshot_20220227-122741.jpgScreenshot_20220227-122958.jpgScreenshot_20220227-123008.jpg

I finally managed to update my Skydio 2+ ;-)
I tested the microwave, a faraday cage with a cardboard box but it didn't work.
I don't really know if I managed to do a factory reset but using the Net Analyzer, I had wifi every time and it disappeared quickly. So I made a double Faraday cage with the cardboard box that I put from my oven. As soon as I turned on the drone it worked immediately.
I think the drone activates the GPS very quickly and if the faraday cage is not 100% effective it doesn't work.
I tested this afternoon everything works (controller and beacon) without fake GPS
I think you have to try with a good Faraday cage before doing a reset

Attachments

• Attach18727_20220227_140930.jpg
    Attach18727_20220227_140930.jpg
    434.8 KB · Views: 5
  • Attach18728_20220227_140946.jpg
    Attach18728_20220227_140946.jpg
    472.9 KB · Views: 5
I finally managed to update my Skydio 2+ ;-)
I tested the microwave, a faraday cage with a cardboard box but it didn't work.
I don't really know if I managed to do a factory reset but using the Net Analyzer, I had wifi every time and it disappeared quickly. So I made a double Faraday cage with the cardboard box that I put from my oven. As soon as I turned on the drone it worked immediately.
I think the drone activates the GPS very quickly and if the faraday cage is not 100% effective it doesn't work.
I tested this afternoon everything works (controller and beacon) without fake GPS
I think you have to try with a good Faraday cage before doing a reset
Glad we got another one flying! Fly my pretty birds fly!

Bonjour,
I have just updated the last version of the firmware. Everything is OK.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220303-164509.jpg
    Screenshot_20220303-164509.jpg
    185.6 KB · Views: 13
Hi 👋🏻
After hard/factory reset sequence the drone started to blink - left, right, left, right and so on.

What does it mean? Reset process?

Mike

UPDATE:
Done!
It works!
Skydio 2+ flying in London UK

Last edited:
Honestly, I never understood how the factory reset worked.
Instead, try to create a well-performing faraday cage.

Good evening from Spain, I have managed to link everything thanks to the explanations of my fellow forum members, I reset everything from the factory and when it was time to install it I took the drone down to the basement so that when it was turned on it would not detect the GPS and so I could track it I was even going to fly it but since it was night it wouldn't let me... the problem is that when you turn it off and on again the device detects the GPS again and the Wi-Fi disappears again, so I start over... SKYDIO will have to get an update now or return the money...

Good evening from Spain, I have managed to link everything thanks to the explanations of my fellow forum members, I reset everything from the factory and when it was time to install it I took the drone down to the basement so that when it was turned on it would not detect the GPS and so I could track it I was even going to fly it but since it was night it wouldn't let me... the problem is that when you turn it off and on again the device detects the GPS again and the Wi-Fi disappears again, so I start over... SKYDIO will have to get an update now or return the money...
No, you don’t need to do it every time. Once you update the drone you can change the wifi channel to manual. If you set it a channel like 40 then the drone will work every time. I’m also in Spain and having no problems now

Reactions: mike fox

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup