Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Has anyone gotten Skydio2+ to work in Europe?

There is plenty of apps available (unfortunately only) for android - „Network analyzer”, „Wifi analyzer”… I couldnt find anything for iPhone.

Wow…if this is like this, then by going somewhere outdoors where there is no wifi radios around should be enough to see the S2+ Wifi signal?

Maybe, at least I would do that if I see some overlapping signals with skydios ranges.

I have just recieved an email from them. So a new software update released on February 10th should fix it. They are now trying to find a way to get it deployed to us.
I already have the version 15.1.36, so this one is more recent, I didn't notice that we had a new update, now I have to do the testing all over again (With and Without the update)

I already have the version 15.1.36, so this one is more recent, I didn't notice that we had a new update, now I have to do the testing all over again (With and Without the update)

FYR

The app version is 15.11.36 (Android) and I can confirm there is no new version of the App.

But, inside the App, there is a new update as shown in below:

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220213-091210_Skydio.jpg
    Screenshot_20220213-091210_Skydio.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 7
Reactions: Majority
There is plenty of apps available (unfortunately only) for android - „Network analyzer”, „Wifi analyzer”… I couldnt find anything for iPhone.

Wow…if this is like this, then by going somewhere outdoors where there is no wifi radios around should be enough to see the S2+ Wifi signsl
FYR

The app version is 15.11.36 (Android) and I can confirm there is no new version of the App.

But, inside the App, there is a new update as shown in below

Wondering if this is what is going on:

Before an AP will use a channel that may be impacted by radar, it will perform a “Channel Availability Check” to check for radar signals on that channel. The AP will listen for 60 seconds for the presence of radar signals. If no radar is detected, then the channel is designated as being an “Available Channel”.

When powering up an AP that uses a DFS channel, you will see that the 2.4GHz radio becomes available as soon as the AP has completed its boot sequence, but the 5Ghz radio may not available for another minute. This is due to the AP performing its channel availability check, if the AP is trying to use a DFS-impacted 5GHz channel.

In some regions, where channels 120 – 128 are allowed for use by Wi-Fi networks, there may be an increased channel availability check of 10 minutes. This means that the 5GHz radio is not available until 10 minutes after the access point has booted up. This extended checking period is due to weather radar restrictions on those channels.

In-Service Monitoring​

Once an AP is operating on a DFS channel, it has to monitor for the presence of radar signals appearing on that channel. This is known as “In-Service Monitoring”.

The AP must continuously monitor its channel for the presence of radar signals.
Channel Shutdown

If a radar signal is detected, then the AP must cease transmissions on the channel within the “Channel Move Time”, which is 10 seconds in the EU/UK.

At the end of this period, the AP will have ceased transmissions and moved to a new channel.

Once radar has been detected on a channel, then the “Non-Occupancy Period” begins. This is a 30-minute period in which no further transmissions will be made by the AP on the affected channel.

At the end of the 30-minute period, most APs will attempt to return to their original channel, subject to a channel availability check. (Again behaviour in this area varies between vendors)

And this:

Are All 5GHz Channels Subject to DFS?​

No, not all channels in the 5GHz band are subject to DFS. The channels that are exempt vary from country to country, as dictated by local regulations. In the UK/EU, channels 36, 40, 44 and 48 are not subject to DFS. However, all remaining channels are subject to DFS. In the USA, channels 36 - 48, together with 149 - 165 are exempt from DFS operation, with all remaining channels requiring DFS operation. (Check your local spectrum regulation authority for the latest information for your country).

Channels that are not subject to DFS operate without having to perform any radar checks. Therefore, they are not subject to any disruptions from local radar equipment (or any other sources RF interference that may cause false-positive detection)

Reactions: Mblitar
makes sense to me
then you can try to move far away from local radar signals, launch skydio for the one time, switch channel number from auto to fixed one, and come back to your desired location.

1644756597313.png

I just made couple of flights via phone and/or with beacon use. So far all fine.

Wondering if this is what is going on:

Before an AP will use a channel that may be impacted by radar, it will perform a “Channel Availability Check” to check for radar signals on that channel. The AP will listen for 60 seconds for the presence of radar signals. If no radar is detected, then the channel is designated as being an “Available Channel”.

When powering up an AP that uses a DFS channel, you will see that the 2.4GHz radio becomes available as soon as the AP has completed its boot sequence, but the 5Ghz radio may not available for another minute. This is due to the AP performing its channel availability check, if the AP is trying to use a DFS-impacted 5GHz channel.

In some regions, where channels 120 – 128 are allowed for use by Wi-Fi networks, there may be an increased channel availability check of 10 minutes. This means that the 5GHz radio is not available until 10 minutes after the access point has booted up. This extended checking period is due to weather radar restrictions on those channels.

In-Service Monitoring​

Once an AP is operating on a DFS channel, it has to monitor for the presence of radar signals appearing on that channel. This is known as “In-Service Monitoring”.

The AP must continuously monitor its channel for the presence of radar signals.
Channel Shutdown

If a radar signal is detected, then the AP must cease transmissions on the channel within the “Channel Move Time”, which is 10 seconds in the EU/UK.

At the end of this period, the AP will have ceased transmissions and moved to a new channel.

Once radar has been detected on a channel, then the “Non-Occupancy Period” begins. This is a 30-minute period in which no further transmissions will be made by the AP on the affected channel.

At the end of the 30-minute period, most APs will attempt to return to their original channel, subject to a channel availability check. (Again behaviour in this area varies between vendors)
This is exactly what's going on.

but guys, is this issue related anyhow to the latest update?
if I'm in safe zone (no higher prio radars, etc).. may I safely perform an update?

but guys, is this issue related anyhow to the latest update?
if I'm in safe zone (no higher prio radars, etc).. may I safely perform an update?
Lol, that's exactly what I did, I like how you think :)
there's always a solution.
I assume that if the try is unsuccessful because the drone detects the channel is occupied you need to wait at least 30’ for the next try

How do I trick the drone to not see GPS/radar? In the UK we literally have coverage everywhere. I need ideas folks!. I tried hiding in the cupboard with it. That didn't work

How do I trick the drone to not see GPS/radar? In the UK we literally have coverage everywhere. I need ideas folks!. I tried hiding in the cupboard with it. That didn't work
You can try to build a Faraday cage where you put inside drone and phone to get the activation. I assume once that is done you can update to latest firmware and hopefully problem is fixed. To build a Faraday cage, just Google it. I’m going to try later today if I can

You can try to build a Faraday cage where you put inside drone and phone to get the activation. I assume once that is done you can update to latest firmware and hopefully problem is fixed. To build a Faraday cage, just Google it. I’m going to try later today if I can
A quick alternative (not joking) is to use a microwave, although it may be too weak

A quick alternative (not joking) is to use a microwave, although it may be too weak
OMG OMG GUYS!! I have an SSD signal! PUT THE DRONE IN THE MICROWAVE . **** actually works. Make sure the microwave is turned off. Am updating the drone now. omg ! so fucking excited, this is crazy. Standy for an update. Delta one out!

pls let us know if all went well with drone update, and afterwards you managed to launch it.

Reactions: funonfly
pls let us know if all went well with drone update, and afterwards you managed to launch it.
The drone is currently updating (still in the microwave) but the updating is working. What I will try and confirm is that if after the update, the WIFI SSD is now readily available, then this may be the easiest solution to this whole problem the frickin microwave lool. I may not be able to launch it today as it's raining heavily outside (welcome to England) but first thing tomorrow, I'll do!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UpAboveVisuals