Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Help, Was doing SW update and my Beacon died!

Brentbat

Reaction score
I got the new update for Skydio2 yesterday. App Version 15.10.0

I downloaded the update for the drone and performed the update... no problems.

Then I connected with the beacon and it sent the software update to the beacon... I watched the progress. It got to 100%, then it looked like it was rebooting the beacon.... then NOTHING! The beacon didn't reboot it just stayed off.

I can't get the beacon to show any signs of life. It was fully charged before I did the update, I've tried holding several key combinations for about 6 seconds trying to see if there was some sort of "hard reboot".... but so far... Nothing!

Does anybody have any experience bringing a beacon back to life?

Thanks in advance
Brent

Then I connected with the beacon and it sent the software update to the beacon... I watched the progress. It got to 100%, then it looked like it was rebooting the beacon.... then NOTHING! The beacon didn't reboot it just stayed off.

I can't get the beacon to show any signs of life. It was fully charged before I did the update, I've tried holding several key combinations for about 6 seconds trying to see if there was some sort of "hard reboot".... but so far... Nothing!

Thanks in advance
Brent
Did you try connecting the beacon with the usb c - usb c to the drone ?

No, I haven'
Did you try connecting the beacon with the usb c - usb c to the drone ?
No, I haven't tried connecting to the drone with the USB cable, I'll try that, but I'm not overly optimistic, there is literally NO sign of life with the beacon at all. But I'll give everything a shot.

This happened during my update. As stated above I plugged in the short USB-C to USB-C cable (supplied) between my S2 and Beacon and they paired. It took about 40 seconds to pair but my Beacon is working again.

Hey there
This happened during my update. As stated above I plugged in the short USB-C to USB-C cable (supplied) between my S2 and Beacon and they paired. It took about 40 seconds to pair but my Beacon is working again.
Hey there VegasRobbi

Success!!!! Your suggestion worked. I had tried charging the beacon from a USB C charger, but no joy.

Once I plugged it into the Skydio2 it lit up immediately and said it was charging. What is strange is that I had my beacon fully charged before I began the update.... when it went to reboot the beacon, it died.

When I plugged it into the Skydio2 it said "Charging", but it was at Zero% charge. So it was like the update zapped every bit of juice out of the beacon..... but only the Skydio2 could bring it back to life.

Anyway, I have now charged my beacon, done a test flight and all is well in Skydio2 land again.

Relieved.... Incidentally I logged a ticket with Skydio at the same time I posted to this forum (exactly a week ago), and I still haven't heard a peep out of Skydio Support. They suck!

Thanks in advance
Brent
Yes I recently got this issue my beacon comes on but the skydio log just flashes I reached out to skydio customer services an they refused to address it they just said I need to purchase a new one as mines out of warranty they didn’t even attempt to check the unit they additionally indicated that this never happened before in the end they offered a 50 dollar voucher for a beacon that’s not even In stock I didn’t ask to replace just to check it they were very unwilling to assist in any form after all this is a vendor recommend update that bricked the beacon they should show due diligence to see the cause to prevent reoccurrence worst ever thing is im not in the United States so not sure if any consumer complaints can be lodged you have any update on your experience with this issue

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FRANCISCO MENDES MORAES