Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Hi from Illinois

TJBC75

Reaction score
Live in the southern suburbs of Chicago. Been flying drones for about 3 years. Currently own a Evo, Anafi and the original Mavic Pro. Fortunate to be in Batch 1 for the Skydio 2. Looking forward to receiving it and hoping the weather here in Chicago warms up a little for flying - currently, 18 degrees F!

Welcome to the group. (y)

Reactions: DoomMeister
Live in the southern suburbs of Chicago. Been flying drones for about 3 years. Currently own a Evo, Anafi and the original Mavic Pro. Fortunate to be in Batch 1 for the Skydio 2. Looking forward to receiving it and hoping the weather here in Chicago warms up a little for flying - currently, 18 degrees F!

Nice :) I like Chicago - but I still don't like your old mayor who tore down Meigs airfield...... *G* - but I did manage to squeeze in a real "Touch and Go" there in 2002 before the bulldozers.

I grew up with MS Flight Sim - and default start airport in the old versions was Meigs. Now for the first time in years - I'm looking forward to the new FS 2020... Darn it looks good! But probably won't have Meigs.

Reactions: DoomMeister
Hey kaz911 I was working in downtown Chicago when Meigs was shut down and the runways x out with a bulldozer. Didn't agree with it, but it was a ballsy move. Talk of the town for weeks. Happened on a Sunday night if I recall. I used Flight Sim also and enjoyed flying in and out of Meigs - Lucky you were able to experience an actual touch and go flight. Hope it was not windy that day! I used to travel from downtown Chicago to Springfield for business and often took off on a commuter plane from Meigs - nice views! Looking forward to receiving the Skydio 2 - do you have one on order?

Hey kaz911 I was working in downtown Chicago when Meigs was shut down and the runways x out with a bulldozer. Didn't agree with it, but it was a ballsy move. Talk of the town for weeks. Happened on a Sunday night if I recall. I used Flight Sim also and enjoyed flying in and out of Meigs - Lucky you were able to experience an actual touch and go flight. Hope it was not windy that day! I used to travel from downtown Chicago to Springfield for business and often took off on a commuter plane from Meigs - nice views! Looking forward to receiving the Skydio 2 - do you have one on order?

Yes got one on order - so far it seem like one of the earliest.

I like Chicago :) Spent a lot of time with SPSS in Sears Tower (before Willis butchered that name...) and have some good acquaintances have a factory there making battery connectors etc. :)

But it is too darn cold for long time stays...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rayrrr