Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Hi from West Virginia!

Tara

Reaction score
Recently got a Skydio 2+ cinema kit and this is the first drone I've ever owned. I wanted one for a long time, but I'm so glad I waited until the tech is where it's at today. I'm blown away by it and still ridiculously nervous I'll crash it! :sneaky: I don't have anything to compare it to, but I'm so happy I decided in the end to get a Skydio. I'm starting to experiment with key framing and just "learning the ropes!" We live on acreage in the mountains, so we have an awesome playground here for it. Learned a lot from this forum, so I thought I'd stick my head in and say, "Hello!"

Welcome - Skydio 2 series is really a well engineered product. I have not seen any drone that handles OBA as well as these. They are also built like tanks. I have had over 40 drones in 6 years and this thing is tough. And it is made in USA !! Have fun crashes happen however, Skydio seems to handle in stride.

Reactions: NEDroner
Welcome to the forum 👍👍

Hi Tara,

Welcome and Congrats on your first drone, take your time , learn it and you'll be just fine. West Virginia is awesome.

Recently got a Skydio 2+ cinema kit and this is the first drone I've ever owned. I wanted one for a long time, but I'm so glad I waited until the tech is where it's at today. I'm blown away by it and still ridiculously nervous I'll crash it! :sneaky: I don't have anything to compare it to, but I'm so happy I decided in the end to get a Skydio. I'm starting to experiment with key framing and just "learning the ropes!" We live on acreage in the mountains, so we have an awesome playground here for it. Learned a lot from this forum, so I thought I'd stick my head in and say, "Hello!"
I’m in the same boat as you except for the acreage, lol!

Greetings from Birmingham Alabama USA, welcome to the forum!

Reactions: dirkclod
Hello to our West Virginia Friends, I have a question that you might be able to answer.

WV Law on drone flying in State Parks requires permission from the State Park Superintendent, but nowhere
is his/her phone number, email nor office location stated. I called individual parks around the State and nobody answers, even emails go unanswered.
I frequent Terra Alta, Alpine Lake ( our camp is located there ) we ride motorcycles all over WV. My favorite places are the Blackwater Falls, Cooper's Rock, Seneca Rocks and Dolly Sods, I desparately want to fly my drone in those areas.

Does anybody know the Superintendent's contact information or know someone who does ?

Thanks for any info you could provide.

RH

In the past, I have flown at some state parks in WV. If I can find a ranger to ask, they have said OK but don't fly directly over people. I have a friend who regularly flies at Seneca, and Dolly Sods, without any permission. At Babcock State Park, there is a time allotted for drone photography.

Hello to our West Virginia Friends, I have a question that you might be able to answer.

WV Law on drone flying in State Parks requires permission from the State Park Superintendent, but nowhere
is his/her phone number, email nor office location stated. I called individual parks around the State and nobody answers, even emails go unanswered.
I frequent Terra Alta, Alpine Lake ( our camp is located there ) we ride motorcycles all over WV. My favorite places are the Blackwater Falls, Cooper's Rock, Seneca Rocks and Dolly Sods, I desparately want to fly my drone in those areas.

Does anybody know the Superintendent's contact information or know someone who does ?

Thanks for any info you could provide.

RH
They have a page on Facebook.

LivinLarge : Thanks for the Reply and Thanks for posting the Vid, it has the Wow factor.

GFields : Thank you for that bit of info, I will employ my Brother to seek that out as I don't do FB, I did in the past, but things got out of hand and became a burden.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup