Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

If you have problem with audio recording files not saving please read this.

This is a follow up of my previous post about the audio not recording. It seems that part of the issue is with using the controller. Skydio's instructions say to disable your WIFI on your phone whenever using the controller (due to possible interference). Ok, but after the flight when I try to access the Media it says "Waiting for SD2 to respond" and it never does TILL I turn the WIFI Back On. THEN everything works seemingly as it should except I never get the line going across saying its happening (I get a message stating "Media processing"). So long story short I failed to CLOSE my controller in time to get the A/V tracks together and from then on I kept getting "Cannot make a clip audio tracks still need to be combined" forever. Even on new flights where it should have worked. Regardless, the SD2 had to be set back to factory and the SD2 appl. had to be uninstalled and reinstalled again and its working good so far. I lost a bunch of flights w/o sound so no great loss. Just a big P.I.A.
Have you experimented with recording sound when not using the controller?

If so, did you get consistent results?

Hey everyone, I'm a little confused on one thing with the audio. I'm fairly new to the S2 so bare with me.

I just did a test flight, I previewed the video in the app and I could hear the audio, so was thinking "great, it's working"
I turned off the S2, pulled the card, and uploaded the files to my Mac.
I downloaded all of the relevant files, there was a MP4 video file and a separate M4A audio file. I thought it was ALSO supposed to combine them so that when you play the video file you would automatically hear the audio without attaching it in a video editor.

What exactly is supposed to happen here? Does it only give you the separate files or is it supposed to also combine them for you as well?

Audio recording currently seems to depend on not turning off devices too quickly after landing.

Try looking at the below link ..... its also implies that the audio file needs to be manually added to the video file after landing

You can also get a list of all posts in this forum dealing with audio problems by going to the "Search Forums" tab and entering the word Keyword "audio".

Reactions: FirstAscent
Initially my audio recorder was working great, then it started to be spotty and eventually would not record at all.
Tried 3 different devices, reinstalled the app on them, same result.

Contacted Skydio and John suggested to re-set the drone.
At first the re-set ended in gimbal v35 error , that was scary, but on second reset it worked again incl audio recording.

Instructions below:

Please read these steps carefully before resetting your Skydio 2, as this will completely erase your media from the microSD card. You may wish to back your media up from the microSD card prior to following these steps.
To factory reset your Skydio 2:
  1. Power up the drone, then connect to it via WiFi with the Skydio 2 app.
  2. Tap Info, then select your drone under Devices (look for your Skydio 2's WiFi name).
  3. Select Manage Data, then choose the option to Factory Reset. Tap Delete to confirm.
  4. After the reset completes, power cycle your Skydio 2: turn your drone off as you would normally, then power it back on and connect to it. I also recommend deleting the App and reinstalling the App before the next step.
  5. Attempt a test flight and let us know if the issue persists.
excellent share of data thanks!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FRANCISCO MENDES MORAES