Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

If you have problem with audio recording files not saving please read this.

Lifeisfun

Reaction score
Initially my audio recorder was working great, then it started to be spotty and eventually would not record at all.
Tried 3 different devices, reinstalled the app on them, same result.

Contacted Skydio and John suggested to re-set the drone.
At first the re-set ended in gimbal v35 error , that was scary, but on second reset it worked again incl audio recording.

Instructions below:

Please read these steps carefully before resetting your Skydio 2, as this will completely erase your media from the microSD card. You may wish to back your media up from the microSD card prior to following these steps.
To factory reset your Skydio 2:
  1. Power up the drone, then connect to it via WiFi with the Skydio 2 app.
  2. Tap Info, then select your drone under Devices (look for your Skydio 2's WiFi name).
  3. Select Manage Data, then choose the option to Factory Reset. Tap Delete to confirm.
  4. After the reset completes, power cycle your Skydio 2: turn your drone off as you would normally, then power it back on and connect to it. I also recommend deleting the App and reinstalling the App before the next step.
  5. Attempt a test flight and let us know if the issue persists.

Last edited:
Nice FYI post ... thanks for posting.

Any idea what caused the audio recording feature to degrade over time?

How have you personally used the audio recording feature?

Do you need editing software to sync the video and audio feeds?

Nice FYI post ... thanks for posting.

Any idea what caused the audio recording feature to degrade over time?

How have you personally used the audio recording feature?

Do you need editing software to sync the video and audio feeds?
No idea what happened but seen many complains from people that it stopped working.

It's handy to get background noise and even speech what happens around the tracked subject.
Hearing a bit of the drone sound is actually also very natural, and not disturbing at all to me.

The audio is synced to the video so you just load it to your video editor.
Every clip has matching sound file.

Where have the complaints been posted? .... have seen nothing in either this forum or in the Skydio 2 RCGroups forum.

Being able to overlay a voice recording onto a flights video is a great way to capture audio commentary about exactly whats being tested when flying the SD2.

Where have the complaints been posted? .... have seen nothing in either this forum or in the Skydio 2 RCGroups forum.

Being able to overlay a voice recording onto a flights video is a great way to capture audio commentary about exactly whats being tested when flying the SD2.
On FB and YT

On FB and YT
Take your word for it about FB ... not about to spend time in that briar patch.

Anyone else out there found YT links about audio problems on the Skydio 2 ?? ... have done multiple searches but haven't found any.

Take your word for it about FB ... not about to spend time in that briar patch.

Anyone else out there found YT links about audio problems on the Skydio 2 ?? ... have done multiple searches but haven't found any.
Just one example (4:30)

Just one example (4:30)

Ok.... if you (or any one else) find other examples of audio problems please post.
Back and forth comments between the two of you on this guys YT page showed that he didn't even know what being rooted meant.
Unless others report audio problems I don't think its reasonable or fair to assume there's an inherent audio problem.

Ok.... if you (or any one else) find other examples of audio problems please post.
Back and forth comments between the two of you on this guys YT page showed that he didn't even know what being rooted meant.
Unless others report audio problems I don't think its reasonable or fair to assume there's an inherent audio problem.
C'mon, seriously?! Yes, many folks reported this problem. I did not believe him at first as well. OUT

Sure, once again from someone who doesn't own one ...??
Apparently you're still not able to make the leap of convincing the listening audience that one or two doesn't actual mean many.... I get it.... you just need more time.... take as much time as you need.

Apparently you're still not able to make the leap of convincing the listening audience that one or two doesn't actual mean many.... I get it.... you just need more time.... take as much time as you need.
Unlike you, I don't need to convince anybody including my self about anything, just plain and honest data plus user experience in my posts.

Just to update, 6 flights later and audio files are once again nowhere to be found.
Frustrating :(

I created an account here because I also have the weird audio issue. With mine I fly Skydio 2 with the controller and iPhone connected to the controller. Later copying clips over WiFi from the Skydio 2 to the iPhone its hit or miss whether the audio will come across. Doesn’t seem to matter if I select the entire video or create smaller clips - still hit or miss. The audio plays fine when I’m previewing it in the Skydio app before sending the file over to the iPhone.

Reactions: Lifeisfun
I created an account here because I also have the weird audio issue. With mine I fly Skydio 2 with the controller and iPhone connected to the controller. Later copying clips over WiFi from the Skydio 2 to the iPhone its hit or miss whether the audio will come across. Doesn’t seem to matter if I select the entire video or create smaller clips - still hit or miss. The audio plays fine when I’m previewing it in the Skydio app before sending the file over to the iPhone.
Yeah, I know 3 other S2 owners, we all experience this problem.
Please Report this to Skydio so they'll fix it.
I don't think enough people use the audio recording feature, that's why there is no more reports about it.

Yeah, I know 3 other S2 owners, we all experience this problem.
Please Report this to Skydio so they'll fix it.
I don't think enough people use the audio recording feature, that's why there is no more reports about it.
Care to post the "latest" Skydio's response to either your (or the other 3 owners) similarly reported problem?

Why not ask them to post here (in one uniquely named thread) to better get Skydio's attention?

With more drones delivered/used many others reported this issue on Facebook, both iOS and Android.
PLEASE if you experience this upload your logs to Skydio and open case.
This is annoying bug and they have hard time to trace it down.

Last edited:
^ :rolleyes:
No, we are just pen-pals kidding around ....

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup