Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Just for fun - Skydio Order No

As I understand it, order numbers beginning with a 6 are in the first batch. It's Nov. 26th, anybody getting any shipping info?

I completed my order last night, 2 extra batteries, Controller, Beacon, ND Filters and 2 sets of props. I would have purchased another battery but they limited me @ 2.

I
I completed my order last night, 2 extra batteries, Controller, Beacon, ND Filters and 2 sets of props. I would have purchased another battery but they limited me @ 2.

I accidentally forgot to buy extra prop's and ND filters - then made a new order - only to be told by support that wont ship until Q2 - so essentially "to the back of the line idiot" was the feeling about the message I got. (Order number on extra order is only 5 numbers later than "main" Skydio order.)

I'm also beginning to worry that they are NOT ready to shipping until "Notification day" + the 10 days to finalize order. I do not know if I'm right but I got a slightly stroppy mail back from their support. T

If I'm correct shipping wont start until 25/11 + 10 days. That means I won't see my drone until next year - but Skydio could maybe have been more clear in their communications if they do not intend to ship until 10 days after first order notifications has gone out - especially when Shop site says "Ships within a week"....

Skydio also promised Express shipping option but that was not available.

I know Skydio is stressed - but there should be space for "correcting mistakes" like forgetting to add prop's and communicate nicely about it.

I'm a bit disappointed in Skydio customer support. I know they are inundated with support and questions but one could be helpful and nice.

/k

Order #61743482 October 1st, haven't got my proceed to order email yet.

It's kind of like queuing up at Disney World, long lines that give the illusion they are moving.

You have to figure this is a big ramp up for them and we're the very first ones they let in the door. I suspect their processes likely still need to be smoothed out, some probably changed and everyone there switching from a development heading to a production and customer service one. I'm willing to cut them some slack.

Reactions: timdks
You have to figure this is a big ramp up for them and we're the very first ones they let in the door. I suspect their processes likely still need to be smoothed out, some probably changed and everyone there switching from a development heading to a production and customer service one. I'm willing to cut them some slack.
Indeed. Point(s) well taken.

Zandian
617434XX
Oct 1
Batch 1
To date no order completion request email

TJBC75
617426XX
October 1
Batch 1
No contact yet about completing the order.

Skydio.com now shows "Reservations Sold Out". Interesting.

It's back available.

Update: I just got "Your skydio is ready for takeoff" mail - saying I will get tracking number within 24-48 hours. It is cutting it very short for me if I get it this year or it arrives after we go on holiday. But crossing my fingers!

/k

Update: I just got "Your skydio is ready for takeoff" mail - saying I will get tracking number within 24-48 hours. It is cutting it very short for me if I get it this year or it arrives after we go on holiday. But crossing my fingers!

/k
Not quite in November, but close. Keep posting your happenings as it is interesting for us in Batch 2. And I look forward to seeing your reaction and testing once Skydio2 arrives and you get it flying.

Hmmm, I’m early batch one and just received an email about why the process is so slow including a look in on development and shipping. I suppose they’re sending these to everyone, or maybe a soft way out of meeting expectations?

This is kind of cool, you get a peek into the build process and some of the materials. I was impressed they are using titanium as the frame as well as the heat sink. The R1 also used similar materials and both drones are very solid and robust feeling. No spindly arms.

I got the same email so it should be here in a few days.

I just got this. I took 6 hours to reserve on Oct 1. The first Skydio 2s are now shipping! The manufacturing line is running full tilt, our first software release is complete, and the team is packing up drones everyday. The demand for the product is ahead of what we had planned for, so it is going to take us some time to work our way through all of the orders. We realize this means a long wait for many of you. We appreciate the confidence you put in us by placing your reservation, and we are working hard to deliver.

We made the decision to build Skydio 2 locally because it gives us more control over product quality and enables us to get Skydio 2 in the hands of our first customers sooner than if we manufactured overseas. It also means that it takes a little longer for us to ramp up production.

We’re incredibly thankful for your support as a reservation holder and we want to bring you along on this journey. Here’s a behind-the-scenes look at some of the steps on Skydio 2’s path from a collection of parts through to a fully integrated product, delivered to your doorstep (blog post).

Thank you for your patience. We look forward to the day we can officially count all of you as Skydio 2 users.

Kaz, please update your order tracking grid.

Thanks,
Z

This is kind of cool, you get a peek into the build process and some of the materials. I was impressed they are using titanium as the frame as well as the heat sink. The R1 also used similar materials and both drones are very solid and robust feeling. No spindly arms.

I got the same email so it should be here in a few days.
I must have been looking at a different website because the one I saw said, "Our main logic board is one of the first parts installed to the magnesium chassis. Skydio 2 is designed to capitalize on the material properties of magnesium by using its frame as a core structural element as well as a heat sink for the flying supercomputer."

And maybe I just didn't look as closely on this site that said the frame was made of titanium. Either way it's going to be a robust puppy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UpAboveVisuals