Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Maiden flight

Crracer712

Reaction score
My skydio went for her maiden flight this evening. I decided to only operate using my phone for the first go. After the fact I wished I'd have inverted the controls. As it was, this thing is pretty freaking cool!

Had it follow me walking through some trees, it was interesting watching it pick it's path. It may have benefited from having the floor off so it could go under some limbs, but it did really well.

Tried out a few 'skills', really impressed how it tracks me, no comparison to my cheaper drones that easily lose me while walking.

Case landing was perfect, video looks great, photos pulled from video looked sharp and colorful.

Maybe tomorrow I'll try out the controller or beacon. I didn't test out range, which is just as well since I forgot to put the antennas up.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220810-201212-698.png
    Screenshot_20220810-201212-698.png
    904.1 KB · Views: 6
My skydio went for her maiden flight this evening. I decided to only operate using my phone for the first go. After the fact I wished I'd have inverted the controls. As it was, this thing is pretty freaking cool!

Had it follow me walking through some trees, it was interesting watching it pick it's path. It may have benefited from having the floor off so it could go under some limbs, but it did really well.

Tried out a few 'skills', really impressed how it tracks me, no comparison to my cheaper drones that easily lose me while walking.

Case landing was perfect, video looks great, photos pulled from video looked sharp and colorful.

Maybe tomorrow I'll try out the controller or beacon. I didn't test out range, which is just as well since I forgot to put the antennas up.
good, glad you like it. photo is nice wide open area, great place to start. where is the photo located?

It's southeast Kansas. Uploaded photo doesn't do the skydio justice, original photo to large to upload so I reduced it on my phone...

Reactions: kenmavic2zoom

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup