Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Map Home Point

theclarks_2

Reaction score
Still learning the Controller. When I launch and select the Map to create a Home Point other than launch point, I have a blank screen other than a small live inset view lower right. The upper left has 2 icons, 1 to select map type, I don’t recognize the other icon. I’m using a phone I’ve dedicated to the controller, a Motorola Moto g6, I’ve deleted every app off the phone but I still have Google Maps? I just don’t see a map?

Reactions: JoeydDetroit
Still learning the Controller. When I launch and select the Map to create a Home Point other than launch point, I have a blank screen other than a small live inset view lower right. The upper left has 2 icons, 1 to select map type, I don’t recognize the other icon. I’m using a phone I’ve dedicated to the controller, a Motorola Moto g6, I’ve deleted every app off the phone but I still have Google Maps? I just don’t see a map?
Take some screen shots of the screen(s) you refer to above and post them here.

BTW ....A good reference to be sure your doing everything right regarding setting up Home Point options in the App (starts at minute 1.00 ) in this Skydio Flight School video

Last edited:
Reactions: theclarks_2
From experience it sounds as tho you are offline and have not downloaded any maps for offline use. Try this at home and see if it gives you the typical map layout that you normally would see from your cell phone with google maps running online.

I’m using a phone I’ve dedicated to the controller,
You can do this? can I use my old deactivated phone with the controller?
I upgraded my phone to a new LG K51 and ever since the app will not recognize the controller being plugged in. it keeps telling me to enable WiFi and connect to S2. When I do that it said "controller is connected; turn off WiFi and plug the controller in" this goes on in an infinite loop until you give up. but I need the controller BC range is only 150 to 200 feet using just the phone. I could do better putting a camera on a kite. j/k but you know what I mean.

So I noticed this is because I'm connected to Skydio wifi which has no internet. So I have to do this dance of connecting to Skydio, get to flight screen to get to map, then turn off wifi so cell signal loads the map and switch back. I wasn't aware of any way to download offline maps. Last time I contacted Skydio they said it was coming soon to the app, that was last June.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FRANCISCO MENDES MORAES