Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

microSD Card

ke9v

Reaction score
New Skydio2 arrived today. After the battery was charged I installed a microSD card that I had in the desk and headed to field. When it was time to fly I got an error message that said the SD card was too slow. No flight joy. Drove to Best Buy and bought the fastest microSD card they had on hand. 130MBs. Back to the field. Same message. microSD card is too slow. No flight joy. Looking for a recommendation of a manufacturer and part number of a microSD card known to work with the Skydio2 and I'll just order it online and suffer the delayed satisfaction. Thanks in advance.

This is the SD card Skydio offers on-line for the S2.

Click on the image to enlarge it.

Attachments

• 2020-12-02 19_53_46-SanDisk 128GB Extreme microSD – Skydio Inc. — Mozilla Firefox.jpg
    2020-12-02 19_53_46-SanDisk 128GB Extreme microSD – Skydio Inc. — Mozilla Firefox.jpg
    232.6 KB · Views: 12
There's some decent deals on those cards right now.

New Skydio2 arrived today. After the battery was charged I installed a microSD card that I had in the desk and headed to field. When it was time to fly I got an error message that said the SD card was too slow. No flight joy. Drove to Best Buy and bought the fastest microSD card they had on hand. 130MBs. Back to the field. Same message. microSD card is too slow. No flight joy. Looking for a recommendation of a manufacturer and part number of a microSD card known to work with the Skydio2 and I'll just order it online and suffer the delayed satisfaction. Thanks in advance.
I use this Samsung in all my drones. Works great in the Skydio as well. It looks to be on sale now for $15.99. The one Skydio recommends has a faster write speed. Its also less expensive on Amazon.

Last edited:
Skydio's recommended SD card could very well exceed "current" requirements but chances are good that what they're planning for "future" capabilities could very well require what this SD card is capable of doing now.

I use this Samsung in all my drones. Works great in the Skydio as well. It looks to be on sale now for $15.99. The one Skydio recommends has a faster write speed. Its also less expensive on Amazon.
I've also used the Samsung U3 cards with no issues. Those are available at even better prices.

Thanks for all the suggestions. New card ordered and waiting on Saturday for it to arrive and then the maiden voyage.

Jeff

I got my SD2, extra battery, rc, beacon, but ordered the sd card late! gonna get it early next week! Can't wait to get this baby up and flying.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup