Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

New Software - 19.0.50/19.0.42 (android)

dmac1

Reaction score
Disappointed the release notes don't speak to fixing any of the current problems....marketing must be running the show these days.

I'm not changing anything until Skydio tells me whats wrong with things as they sit right now.

Anxious to hear the results of those brave enough to take the plunge and whether their drone is better or worse. Yes, we'll be doing the real world testing for them...again. SMH

i will perform this sw update at the end of today. i am still on the previous version but have only flown three times with it. the first time, the drone was very erratic and behaved very strange. but that all went away on flights two and three. so i guess im not expecting any flight changes with this latest update because my last flight, the s2+ flew almost perfectly for me. however, as i mentioned, with this same drone and sw i do recall a session where this drone was basically out of control....to the extent where i had to call it day and pack it in. not sure what changed.

Reactions: dmac1
Hope it works for you Ken! Please adivse.

Skydio told me I had "poor connection and GPS signal throughout flight, possibly due to terrain and environmental conditions" and to update to the new software and perform test flights cuz it has "Dynamic Channel Selection to find better operating frequencies in flight".

Maybe it'll work better...

I am waiting to hear the outcome of this. Is there also an update to the app? At least thats what I got out of it.

I am waiting to hear the outcome of this. Is there also an update to the app? At least thats what I got out of it.
Its a newer version of the app than I'm running...I'm on 15.11.36...I thought that was the latest?? My vehicle is on 15.11.35. Have I missed some updates??

Here's there release notes:

March 29, 2022​

Skydio 2/2+ Vehicle Software Version19.0.50
Skydio app version (no change)19.0.0 (38) (iOS)
19.0.42 (Android) Requires Android 9 or higher

CS_Note_callout-icon.jpg
This update will be released gradually over the course of 1 week. If you do not see the update in the App Store or Google Play by April 5, 2022, please contact Skydio Support.

NEW

Connection Status​

You can now view the strength of the connection between your controlling device and drone, as well as the GPS quality and the number of satellites your drone is connected to. Select the Connection Status icon to display connected drone status, signal strength, GPS quality, and satellite count.

S2_Connection_Menu_antd.png

Beacon Menu​

When Beacon is connected, you will see a new tab under Device Settings which displays the battery percentage and current software version. You will not see this menu when Beacon is disconnected.

S2_Beacon_Menu_antd.png

CS_Note_callout-icon.jpg
NOTE: Android users will not see the Beacon battery percentage.

ENHANCEMENTS

KeyFrame Improvements​

When playing back a KeyFrame sequence, you can now choose to have Skydio prioritize Accuracy or Speed.

• Accuracy: Skydio may dynamically slow down around sharp turns. Helps to avoid cutting corners to maintain your drone’s position along the KeyFrame path
  • Speed: Your drone may fly off the KeyFrame path to maintain a steady speed
CS_media_KeyFrame_accuracy_speed.PNG

KeyFrame Settings > Prioritize
Spring_2022_Release_Gifs_KeyFrame_2.gif

With this update, the maximum KeyFrame speed has increased to 15.6 mph (7 m/s).

Dynamic Channel Selection (DCS)​

By default, your Skydio 2/2+ will now monitor signal interference and move to a clearer channel to improve wireless transmission signal quality during flight. You may override this by selecting your preferred channel.

S2_Channel_selection_antd.png

Emergency Flight Termination​

When flying with a controller, you will now have the option to terminate your flight* in the event of an extreme emergency. Simultaneously press and hold the Land and Return buttons on the controller for three seconds while in flight to immediately stop your drone's motors.

Spring_2022_Release_Gifs_Flight_Termination_2.gif

CS_Warning_callout_icon.jpg
WARNING: Terminating a flight will cause your drone to crash. Damage resulting from Flight Termination is not covered under warranty and may result in injury or damage. Use only in extreme situations.
*Only available when flying with the Skydio Controller.

Reactions: VEGASROBBI
I have been on the same version of the app but it sounded like over the course of the next 7 days they will be releasing an update to the app.. Maybe I read it wrong...

Disappointed the release notes don't speak to fixing any of the current problems....marketing must be running the show these days.

I'm not changing anything until Skydio tells me whats wrong with things as they sit right now.

Anxious to hear the results of those brave enough to take the plunge and whether their drone is better or worse. Yes, we'll be doing the real world testing for them...again. SMH

I have a Fitbit Ionic smartwatch and I bought it many years ago.

Just happening this month, due to some issue with the smartwatch, Fitbit recalls the Ionic. I have used the smartwatch for years and now it recalls and returns all my money.

This is a responsible company, a company that claims to use the branding "Made in US" should have such a standard.

Skydio drones really need to be more like a responsible and "Made in US" company but not a company which only very good with marketing or Xmas promotion.

Hope it works for you Ken! Please adivse.

Skydio told me I had "poor connection and GPS signal throughout flight, possibly due to terrain and environmental conditions" and to update to the new software and perform test flights cuz it has "Dynamic Channel Selection to find better operating frequencies in flight".

Maybe it'll work better...
I doubt it was a terrain problem, I've flown the SD almost the length of Eva Conover trail with no issues and as you know there's nothing around to cause RF interference.

Reactions: dmac1
Updated the app only, to an iPhone. Is it me, or did this app increase signal strength? Definitely increased range, and signal strength in areas normally giving inference.

Anyone else notice the increased range?

sorry i never made the update but it's the weekend and it's time to fly. so, are we updating to the new software or are we holding pending issues?

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
I doubt it was a terrain problem, I've flown the SD almost the length of Eva Conover trail with no issues and as you know there's nothing around to cause RF interference.
Agreed....out in BFE and a BS excuse for poor connection/software glitch, unless its aliens, the Russians, or sunspots!

My replacement drone has had a connection issue ever since I got it. Fairly insignificant and I was planning to just work around it until these last events.

I'm goin back out to the dez in a couple weeks, so will update and try again, but we won't be at Eva again. Like you said, its not the terrain. Will be a good camera test too with a more casual paced trip.

Was only able to update app. Then has issues updating software. For some reason, linking iphone/iPad/Tripltek 8” the password from my Skydio 2+ wasn’t accepted. Tried numerous times, I’ll call Skydio when I get a free moment in near future.

On another note, made two flights today each covering 9 flight miles before touching down at 17% battery strength. Both flights, landed with 17% battery, each round trip 9 miles total.

Very impressed, covered a lot of terrain with each battery.

Flew with the new update yesterday, had a couple disconnects during 3 batteries worth of flights. happened when I passed out of sight for a second (also at a bit of a distance) and the drone was visually tracking. Like I mentioned in an earlier post, SD gave visual tracking more significance in one of the updates around Christmas. It's easy to see in how it operates and reduces how effectively it tracks at the mid distances where it used to switch over to GPS. Otherwise all was good.

I used a new trick I tried out awhile back. When I finished one flight and stopped to change battery left the drone and beacon turned on. Pulled the fresh battery out and had it ready to swap. I powered down the drone, immediately slapped in the new battery and powered it right back up. Beacon was on the entire time. The drone connected back to the beacon after 20 seconds or so and almost immediately became ready. No gps sync needed. I always shut off the beacon during these periods before, I suspect it's holding the GPS fix in the beacon and passing it to the drone as soon as it reconnects. It makes a nice improvement in the time it takes to recycle for the next flight.

This is some video from the flight:

Last edited:
I thought I had updated to latest and greatest, but obviously missed one here. Is the update available right now?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup