Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Newbie from San Jose, CA

Paladin45

Reaction score
Happy New Year, everyone!

I'm a new drone pilot. I have a Skydio 2 Pro Kit on order. Since I'm looking to expand my photography business, I was drawn to the S2's advanced features and probably will subscribe to the Enterprise solutions and the Skydio Academy. I'm looking forward to learning from the group and sharing my own experiences once I've received my S2.

I'll be taking the Part 107 as soon as I can schedule an exam. I already was studying for the Part 61 (private pilot) exam when I decided to get into the drone game. In the mobile era, FAA require the exam administrator accept sign-ups only from desktop hardware. I converted my desktop box to a fileserver and only have my laptop and iPhone at this time. PSI (exam contractor) aren't the easiest people to reach by phone.

Welcome to the forum.?

I'm a new drone pilot. I have a Skydio 2 Pro Kit on order. Since I'm looking to expand my photography business, I was drawn to the S2's advanced features and probably will subscribe to the Enterprise solutions and the Skydio Academy. I'm looking forward to learning from the group and sharing my own experiences once I've received my S2.

I'll be taking the Part 107 as soon as I can schedule an exam. I already was studying for the Part 61 (private pilot) exam when I decided to get into the drone game. In the mobile era, FAA require the exam administrator accept sign-ups only from desktop hardware. I converted my desktop box to a fileserver and only have my laptop and iPhone at this time. PSI (exam contractor) aren't the easiest people to reach by phone.
Do you have to have the Part 107? what are the basics?

I would recommend still pursuing your Part 61. The Part 107 on the FAA site actually can be done online if you have a Part 61, it is just an activity labeled with "Initial" instead of "Recurrent".

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup