Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Pigeon Alert !

Skyking

Reaction score
NYC area threat to drones. I had a shoot of construction in NYC. When I had to shoot as close to the roof of a building, like 10 feet above the roof itself, boatloads of PIGEONS came flying out. If they had hit the Skydio 2, it would have been terrible for all. Skydio says that it doesn't avoid moving objects. I would not want to test that. So when flying any drone in NYC, beware of the possibility of large amounts of pigeons taking off as you get near. #Skydio #ObstacleAvoidance #birdstrike #Drone #NYC

NYC area threat to drones. I had a shoot of construction in NYC. When I had to shoot as close to the roof of a building, like 10 feet above the roof itself, boatloads of PIGEONS came flying out. If they had hit the Skydio 2, it would have been terrible for all. Skydio says that it doesn't avoid moving objects. I would not want to test that. So when flying any drone in NYC, beware of the possibility of large amounts of pigeons taking off as you get near. #Skydio #ObstacleAvoidance #birdstrike #Drone #NYC
Hope the FAA doesn't see this warning... they might try and ground those little critters.

P.S. Sorry for being flippant but for some reason I just had to smile after reading your post.

IMO pigeons are one step above rats, I'd feel bad if one took out the SD though.

I don't understand when Skydio says it won't detect moving objects.
If the drone is hovering and you run towards it the OA will move it out of your way.

I don't understand when Skydio says it won't detect moving objects.
If the drone is hovering and you run towards it the OA will move it out of your way.

I've noticed that too... I'm guessing it boils down to what you want be liable for...

I've noticed that too... I'm guessing it boils down to what you want be liable for...
I’m thinking they realize that if they say moving objects, even with a speed disclaimer, idiots will go toward it at 30mph (or 70mph) and then complain when they hit it.

I’m thinking they realize that if they say moving objects, even with a speed disclaimer, idiots will go toward it at 30mph (or 70mph) and then complain when they hit it.

Yup.

#WhyAllTheHashtags, sorry I had to.

Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup