Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Skydio support's response on Remote ID

Addos

Reaction score
Skydio consumer and enterprise drones will be Remote ID compliant by the required FAA deadlines (September 2022 for manufacturers and September 2023 for operators). Skydio will enable Standard Remote ID compliance through software updates. No hardware modifications will be required. That applies to Skydio 2, Skydio 2+, and X2E.

For background, the Remote ID rule contains two key deadlines. First, manufacturers must begin making Remote ID-compliant drones by September 2022. Second, operators must begin using Remote ID-compliant products by September 2023 unless flying in an FAA-recognized identification area (a new term that refers to recreational flying sites). Skydio will comply with both deadlines.

We will continue to keep our customers informed of our approach to Remote ID and other regulatory developments. This link contains the FAA’s overview of remote ID for operators: https://www.faa.gov/uas/getting_started/remote_id/

Crracer712

Reaction score
Does this mean older drones that no longer receive updates will have to have a drone I'd module installed?

Addos

Reaction score
Does this mean older drones that no longer receive updates will have to have a drone I'd module installed?
Might just be easier to buy a drone with remote id support. But the only other non skydio 2 drones skydio made was the r1. And that wasn't widely sold. I have one, but the skydio 2 is much nicer in general compared to the r1.

Crracer712

Reaction score
I have a 2+, but was just thinking of my cheaper drones. No matter, I doubt anyone cares in rural Kansas.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sky Angel