Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Texan Checking In

shakenfake

Reaction score
Just picked up a Skydio 2 Sport edition and then bought the controller and case after, oops.

Currently using it for work and some fun things outside of work but just doing it on the side right now. I have it registered and I am licensed.
So far I am enjoying it but I would like to see how other people view this drone in comparison to others. This is my first ever drone and my first time flying one too.

Welcome to the forum 👍👍

Just picked up a Skydio 2 Sport edition and then bought the controller and case after, oops.

Currently using it for work and some fun things outside of work but just doing it on the side right now. I have it registered and I am licensed.
So far I am enjoying it but I would like to see how other people view this drone in comparison to others. This is my first ever drone and my first time flying one too.
Welcome shakenfake!
I'm a relatively new Skydio 2 pilot as well. Had mine for 5-6 months.

Compared to other drones I've owned....
  • Best object tracking and avoidance. I think it's presently the best.
  • Some people complain about the camera, but for me (as a consumer -- not professional) it's more than adequate.
  • Very well-built. I've had two "mishaps" with mine and have only nicked the propellers which were easily replaced. I've not had any gimbal problems nor broken arms. Other drones I've owned were more fragile.
Things I don't like or Skydio doesn't do as well:
  • Prop/motor noise is high and attracts more unwanted attention than other drones.
  • Setup time is longer. Turn on, establish connections, initialize systems, etc. -- much longer than many other drones I've owned.
  • Beacon and controller range isn't stellar. Controller range exceeds VLOS for me under most circumstances so technically not a big problem. But other drones had far more margin for error and challenging conditions.
I've had to learn the right conditions for tracking and OA that will work -- and won't. For example, had hoped this bird could chase me in the new england woods on my mountain bike but it can't. OTOH there's no commercial drone that can.

Reactions: BTCI

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup