Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Waiting

My batch 3 order - ordered in October - was completed last Monday, and shipped. Scheduled to arrive 8/25. I ordered 10/19.

It's worth the wait. I can assured you. 308 days, and it's worth everyday that I waited. The video and picture this drone take is nothing that I have seen before, and I am a DJI fanboy. o_O

Have they started shipping units again?

Haven't read of anyone receiving one since before the shutdown.
mine arrived early July right after they came out of covid shutdown. they said i was beginning of batch 3. im sure they sold the hell out of this drone during the 1st 5 months of 2020. it really is a game changer. the video is amazing. i feel like i had to learn to fly all over again because the skydio 2 really demands to do the flying, you just give it the general direction. i had a M2P before this. Done buying Chinese s@#t ! DJI has set the bar high. i hope Skydio really amps up their software and bullet-proofs the S3. I would like to see some Waypoint flying.
as far as Temperature goes, Heat not Cold is the limitation. the drone is Flight rated to 104 F. my skydio 2 gets really HOT flying in Phoenix weather further limiting my available time in the air. i am already limited to daytime flying because of the tech. The X2 is going to make the S line unbeatable. would love to have the x2 controller work on my S2 and/or modify the drone antennas to pick up some range left on the table...i really appreciate HOW MUCH effort Skydio continues to place on making the S2 better after Delivery. From what ive seen and experienced the Customer Service is TOP NOTCH ! very responsive ! We are all learning HERE...my advice: read and watch everything you can on the Skydio 2 before it arrives. it will save you from making simple errors and mistakes, i.e. No SD card in Drone..it will not fly. Dont try to grab the drone without DISABLING the OA. Put it in Land mode. Otherwise, it wont be pretty....
Stay Safe ! Fly Safe ! Vote !

mine arrived early July right after they came out of covid shutdown. they said i was beginning of batch 3. im sure they sold the hell out of this drone during the 1st 5 months of 2020. it really is a game changer. the video is amazing. i feel like i had to learn to fly all over again because the skydio 2 really demands to do the flying, you just give it the general direction. i had a M2P before this. Done buying Chinese s@#t ! DJI has set the bar high. i hope Skydio really amps up their software and bullet-proofs the S3. I would like to see some Waypoint flying.
as far as Temperature goes, Heat not Cold is the limitation. the drone is Flight rated to 104 F. my skydio 2 gets really HOT flying in Phoenix weather further limiting my available time in the air. i am already limited to daytime flying because of the tech. The X2 is going to make the S line unbeatable. would love to have the x2 controller work on my S2 and/or modify the drone antennas to pick up some range left on the table...i really appreciate HOW MUCH effort Skydio continues to place on making the S2 better after Delivery. From what ive seen and experienced the Customer Service is TOP NOTCH ! very responsive ! We are all learning HERE...my advice: read and watch everything you can on the Skydio 2 before it arrives. it will save you from making simple errors and mistakes, i.e. No SD card in Drone..it will not fly. Dont try to grab he drone without DISABLING the OA. Put it in Land mode. Otherwise, it wont be pretty....
Stay Safe ! Fly Safe ! Vote !
Yup... an awful lot to learn.... BTW your tips nicely hit on points that are too easy to forget... some good reminders there,

Hope your right about Skydio eventually allowing some of the X2 controller functionality to flow down to the S2 but that's probably going to depend on whether or not the S2 chjp set can handle too much more processing.

Not so optimistic about antenna mods for the S2 though... Skydio must have chosen the one sided antenna design for a very good reason.

Reactions: richinAZ
Yup... an awful lot to learn.... BTW your tips nicely hit on points that are too easy to forget... some good reminders there,

Hope your right about Skydio eventually allowing some of the X2 controller functionality to flow down to the S2 but that's probably going to depend on whether or not the S2 chjp set can handle too much more processing.

Not so optimistic about antenna mods for the S2 though... Skydio must have chosen the one sided antenna design for a very good reason.

I am sure Skydio is going push out a Skydio 3 with some of the functions of Skydio X2. Either that or they are going to outright sell the company. To whom? By throwing a life line to DJI for their U.S. market.

I just got a "broadcast" email from Adam Bry (CEO) about further delays in the shipping of the SD2. My order number starts with 1235XXXX (batch 5) and it won't be completed until the beginning of December 2020. Batch 4 (9XXXX) will start shipping beginning of November 2020. Batch 3 (8XXXXX) now through October.

Patience is a virtue, someone once said.

Got the same email. I know they initially said October for batch 5 when I ordered, but I'd already been here and saw that probably wasn't going to happen. I wasn't really counting on it to be this year.

I just got a "broadcast" email from Adam Bry (CEO) about further delays in the shipping of the SD2. My order number starts with 1235XXXX (batch 5) and it won't be completed until the beginning of December 2020. Batch 4 (9XXXX) will start shipping beginning of November 2020. Batch 3 (8XXXXX) now through October.

Patience is a virtue, someone once said.

Can you post the email on this board?

Can you post the email on this board?

'I wanted to let you know that we are facing some renewed challenges with COVID-19 which are unfortunately impacting our manufacturing production ramp. We’ve been working to stand up a larger manufacturing facility but that has been delayed due to travel and logistical impact of COVID, and our existing manufacturing line is running at lower capacity because of safety measures we’re taking for our team. As a result, we are expecting longer wait times than previously forecasted. We are working as hard as we can to boost our production capacity.

Please see below for updated shipping estimates.

• Batch 3 (reservation orders beginning with 8): Completing orders now through October 2020.
  • Batch 4 (reservation orders beginning with 9): Completing orders beginning November 2020.
  • Batch 5 (reservation orders beginning with 1235): Completing orders beginning December 2020.

Words can't express our appreciation for every single customer who's chosen to take this journey with us, we guarantee it is worth the wait. Please reference our FAQ’s for additional questions and be sure to follow us on social for future product updates and community highlights.

Sincerely,
Adam Bry
Skydio Co-founder and CEO'

That's pretty much it

'I wanted to let you know that we are facing some renewed challenges with COVID-19 which are unfortunately impacting our manufacturing production ramp. We’ve been working to stand up a larger manufacturing facility but that has been delayed due to travel and logistical impact of COVID, and our existing manufacturing line is running at lower capacity because of safety measures we’re taking for our team. As a result, we are expecting longer wait times than previously forecasted. We are working as hard as we can to boost our production capacity.

Please see below for updated shipping estimates.

• Batch 3 (reservation orders beginning with 8): Completing orders now through October 2020.
  • Batch 4 (reservation orders beginning with 9): Completing orders beginning November 2020.
  • Batch 5 (reservation orders beginning with 1235): Completing orders beginning December 2020.

Words can't express our appreciation for every single customer who's chosen to take this journey with us, we guarantee it is worth the wait. Please reference our FAQ’s for additional questions and be sure to follow us on social for future product updates and community highlights.

Sincerely,
Adam Bry
Skydio Co-founder and CEO'

That's pretty much it
Thanks CR Racer!!

We’ve been working to stand up a larger manufacturing facility
Skydio should done this six months ago with all the pre-order deposit money. Oh, no it's the big bad COVID instead.

Edit: Maybe Skydio should consider moving their manufacture out of Cali

Reactions: richinAZ
well, perhaps something to compensate like an extra battery or so....

I don't get why people feel the need for compensation.

Order October 2019 when they were hoping to ship Q1/Q2 - then it became August - now Oct or Nov. The hardware is getting 'older' vs other players, the deposit has been sitting there. To make a small gesture for patient backers would not be totally out of place...

There's a lot of things out of their control, people just need to learn to deal with it.

I can imagine the uproar if they gave late batch buyers reparations, the early batch buyers would want the same. Then the late batch buyers say 'but we had to wait longer, that's not fair!'.

It's a vicious cycle

Reactions: skydioconvert
I'm in batch 5, too. Was looking forward to October shipping, but, since they pushed it back to December, I guess I'll be giving myself a Christmas present!

I really do feel that it's worth the wait, though. From everything I've seen and read, this little device is going to set a new standard for AI, as well as the drone-user community.

Patience IS a virtue...so I imagine I can be 'virtuous' for a couple more months!;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FRANCISCO MENDES MORAES