Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Waiting

Your living in a great area to frequently get up in the air and learn what this quad can do. ;)

P.S. What setup were you using? .... just a phone?... did you get any accessories (i.e. beacon, controller)?

Your living in a great area to frequently get up in the air and learn what this quad can do. ;)

P.S. What setup were you using? .... just a phone?... did you get any accessories (i.e. beacon, controller)?
True, it's a great place as far as the weather...the worst of it is the wind. I'm in the Colorado River valley, and the local saying is "The wind blows twice a year here...6 months out of the North, and 6 months out of the South"! Our forecast for the next 2 days has winds gusting to 47 mph...a bit brisk for flying.

The first flight was exactly as the manufacturer recommends, just controlling with an Android tablet and "learning the ropes". I did order both the beacon and the joystick controller with the drone, as well as a spare battery. Not a huge package, but enough to get familiar with all aspects of flying it. My previous experience has only been R/C airplanes when I was a young teenager (50 years ago...the technology we see now was not even dreamed of!) and a couple of "toy" drones, stuff in the $100-150 range. No comparison.

Try to resist taking it up in really windy conditions. <GRIN>

I have a different weather problem where I live close to Lake Erie. Winds off the lake come in gusts and being in one of the few places in the world having lake effect snows I run into some really sudden weather changes in the winter.

I'm also deep into learning the ins and outs of using my new android 4G Moto phone before pairing it to my S2. Be sure to check out other posts on this forum concerning the triple tap setting on your android device before trying to get it to follow you. Assure that feature is turned off before experimenting with the different skills the S2 offers....

Dear friends,
After more than 1 Year and 6 months of waiting, I finally got my Skydio 2. Ordered in Nov 2019, delivered in October 2020 and I received it in hand today on the 25th of June 2021. Had to find someone who brought it in person on the plane as carry on luggage. All regular shippers (Fedex, UPS, USPS) that we queried, refused to transport it due to the Li-PO batteries.

I'm so happy! :D

Congrats on the new tech member of your family! Hope such a wait was worthy! What part of the planet was so difficult to ship to?

Bucharest, Romania (EU). Apparently, the country is not important when you ship outside the USA as they treat it as dangerous anyhow. In US there is the 3 battery limit before it's considered dangerous goods.

1625041667445.png

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rayrrr