Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Well Crap...

CrashMan

Reaction score
Got a chance to really test out the 2+ beacon with my skydio 2--and it was indeed working better (not perfect) than with the old beacon...

But here is the down side, as it was going around me it had a branch strike and went down--took me 15 minutes to locate the battery. Now I get V30:Sensor issue....... Also one of the front LED's don't come on.. I assume I killed it?

VEGASROBBI

Reaction score
I don't think it's dead, but in critical condition and may need to return to the mother ship.

Sorry that sucks.

CrashMan

Reaction score
Mother ship---lol....

It sucks but I can't be mad right--its kinda how it is

I contacted support and just uploaded the logs and now I wait. And I didn't notice there was an update...

And I was on the last leg of our longest trail out here--sooo close,lol

I don't think it would have been a big deal if it simple hit, I think the fact it was sweeping to the side pretty fast that did it.

CrashMan

Reaction score
I went thru the proper procedure and as I suspected they claimed it was not a warrantee related crash which I am ok with.. Just waiting for them to get me the shipping info and off it will go....

Ridefreak

Wiki Editor
Reaction score
Mother ship---lol....

It sucks but I can't be mad right--its kinda how it is

I contacted support and just uploaded the logs and now I wait. And I didn't notice there was an update...

And I was on the last leg of our longest trail out here--sooo close,lol

I don't think it would have been a big deal if it simple hit, I think the fact it was sweeping to the side pretty fast that did it.
When the speed goes up the drone often can't see the branch before it's too late, same with wires. Every time I've crashed from clipping something the drone was going 20 mph +. It's successfully navigated through far more difficult OA environments when going real slow, it's unfortunate that's the case but I understand why and see it as one of the drone's limitations. I've started using the height floor more often to help keep it away from stuff since I never know how fast it'll be going.

CrashMan

Reaction score
I consider it a "chance" of a tree strike out there and staying above 8ft unfortunately really isn't an option for most of what I do. And this time the drone was probably 10ft up when it whacked a branch...

Ridefreak

Wiki Editor
Reaction score
Yeah in and around the forest, floor height is kind of a moot point.

CrashMan

Reaction score
A question for anybody who has gone thru the process of sending there drone in for replacement/repair...
When you go thru the process do they email you a one time link for payment which I assume once you do that then you box it up and ship it?
With how scammers are today I am always weary of links being sent..

CrashMan

Reaction score
Sent it out friday and they received it today.. They said 7-10 days possible for a repair cost----3 hours later they had the cost of repair....... Gotta say that was pretty quick..........

Reactions: ETdronehome

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
djdoyle