Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

What is mode switch in progress??

csperry

Reaction score
My Skydio has the latest firmware. While using the controller and taking still photos (DNG) as I pushed the button on the controller sometimes on the (android) screen was the message "mode switch in progress". What does the message mean? Seems the photos are okay. Just not sure what the message means.

My Skydio has the latest firmware. While using the controller and taking still photos (DNG) as I pushed the button on the controller sometimes on the (android) screen was the message "mode switch in progress". What does the message mean? Seems the photos are okay. Just not sure what the message means.
My guess would be switching from video to photo mode?

If the message only appears "sometimes" it would seem Skydio has built in some sort of check that determines how quickly the mode switch (video to still) can occur.

Maybe some one with a good camera background could chime in as to why that might be necessary?

My guess would be switching from video to photo mode?
he Skydio does not switch between photo or video you get one or the other. Wish it did.

Attachments

• skdio-message.jpg
    skdio-message.jpg
    121.9 KB · Views: 10
he Skydio does not switch between photo or video you get one or the other. Wish it did.
Not sure what you mean, you can switch from video to photo mode, and in the video mode auto record or manual. Since you can't do both at the same time it has to switch mode.

Skydio 2 can capture photos or video but not both at the same time. Users may change their camera settings at any time before or during flight. Please note that changing the camera settings before launch may cause Skydio 2 to return to the pre-flight screen and re-calibrate its vision system. Changing the camera setting in flight may cause tracking to become momentarily disabled and any currently tracked subject to be lost.

Describe if you use the phone it self or with the controller using the right shoulder button to take the picture.

Last edited:
Tested today, and as expected got the same message briefly when switching from video to photo mode.

If the "mode switch in progress" message appears both ways (video to still AND still to video) maybe its just the S2's way of confirming you meant to switch modes.

Expecting to see a video after a full flight and then seeing only a still would not make one happy.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup