Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Yes, IT happened !

Skyking

Reaction score
Well...I was out on a shoot. AT the end of the shoot, with 3:15 left in battery, I was flying down a driveway at about 5mph when...IT HAPPENED !!!! YES !!! Sun was not in "her" eyes, very good lighting. I reached out to Skydio Support to see if they'll honor the "can't crash" guarantee. I have never deliberately flown it in a manner to test OA.

I also experienced the "no climb" about 30 feet issue a few times today.

#Skydio2 #Skydio #SkydioCrash #CrashIMG_1597.jpeg

Ouch ?
I hope you'll get it fixed
Make sure to upload the flight log!
Do not delete anything from the drone or phone.
First flight with that battery?

Ouch ?
I hope you'll get it fixed
Make sure to upload the flight log!
Do not delete anything from the drone or phone.
First flight with that battery?
Not a batter issue. Hit a branch. I have about 100 flights under by belt with S2. I rotate the batteries and always fully charge them b4 any flight. But, as I said, not a battery issue. OA issue. Can you please point me to how go get the logs?

Well...I was out on a shoot. AT the end of the shoot, with 3:15 left in battery, I was flying down a driveway at about 5mph when...IT HAPPENED !!!! YES !!! Sun was not in "her" eyes, very good lighting. I reached out to Skydio Support to see if they'll honor the "can't crash" guarantee. I have never deliberately flown it in a manner to test OA.

I also experienced the "no climb" about 30 feet issue a few times today.

#Skydio2 #Skydio #SkydioCrash #CrashView attachment 104
Can you provide any more details about what happened?... were you trying to land? ... what did the S2 strike? ... anything else unusual just prior to the crash?

Any video recording you could share?

P.S. Hope Skydio working from home doesn't slow up their response to you.
Good luck.

Not a batter issue. Hit a branch. I have about 100 flights under by belt with S2. I rotate the batteries and always fully charge them b4 any flight. But, as I said, not a battery issue. OA issue. Can you please point me to how go get the logs?
Power on the S2 and your phone, connect
Open the app, click Info (right bottom corner)
Scroll down to Flight logs and click on it and select Upload single flight
Point to the crash flight (latest) and let it upload to Skydio

This will upload the flight video and logs to the Skydio server.
Don't worry that the flight video doesn't show the actual crash, last few seconds won't be there is the battery disconnected on crash.

The procedure is similar to R1

Last edited:
Can you provide any more details about what happened?... were you trying to land? ... what did the S2 strike? ... anything else unusual just prior to the crash?

Any video recording you could share?

P.S. Hope Skydio working from home doesn't slow up their response to you.
Good luck.
Sorry, I see thath I should have indicated the CAUSE of the crash....She hit a tree branch on the way down the driveway. Good lighting conditions. Only going about 5 mph. Nothing else unusual. Using the controller attached to a Note 10 +

Sorry, I see thath I should have indicated the CAUSE of the crash....She hit a tree branch on the way down the driveway. Good lighting conditions. Only going about 5 mph. Nothing else unusual. Using the controller attached to a Note 10 +
What has Skydio told you regarding getting a replacement?

I don't know how to get logs.
See my post above

See my post above
Re Logs: With the S2 kaput, I don't think I can or SHOULD power it on.

If you send Skydio the picture(s) of the crashed S2 and an explanation of what happened simply ask them what to do regarding powering it on to retrieve the logs.

I'm surprised that with only broken gimbal it doesn't power on. I guess they will ask you to ship it to them, but I'm sure they will tell you what to do.

It should be fine to power on. It’s only a broken gimbal. Good luck.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup