Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Anyone get shipping info yet?

Update: I finally spoke with Skydio this evening. They told me that my S2+ (ordered on Jan 5) was released for shipment on January 14. Last Friday when most of yours shipped as well. However Skydio did not know if it went out or not. They have no tracking number for the S2+. If it did not ship then any day now it should ship. She said that new shipping terms are 9-12 business days. However, she told me that when I placed my order it was clearly under the 5-7 business days. Today would be 9. She also said that on rare occasion a order can be shipped and a tracking number will not register.

Second part of this order was the controller by itself. It shows it was indeed shipped Friday the 14th. However, it shows it is still in UPS facility in California (I am in Orlando, FL). The Skydio agent was very perplexed by this as well. She said sometimes they are put on planes or trucks without being scanned first and then all of a sudden they are scanned at the location of delivery. We will see. I guess I am playing the part of Murphy in this drama.

The last part of this, I returned by original Skydio 2 that I received end of December. It took all of 4 days to make it back to Skydio😂

Reactions: kenmavic2zoom
I received a shipping notification on my S2+, should arrive tomorrow.

^^wow, that's strange but i do think they were overwhelmed the first week. not like there are a ton of order but certainly more than they were prepared to handle. i'm sure it was all hands on deck for them. i think it's really cool they are taking s2 drone orders back, im sure they can immediately put them to good use.

Congratulations getting the package, glad it found it’s way.

I too noticed that with the duel charger, charges one only then I seen it charges both at a time. Could be it’s processing information, then figures out okay now it’s safe to charge both?

Hopefully others will chine in,
Paul
I used my MacBook 96W Wall Wart on the dual charger and it charged both batteries simultaneously.
I then put a USB-C Watt meter on it and charged 1 battery. It pulled 82Watts !!!
With SkyDio Wall Wart it pulled 62 Watts on 1 battery.
I didn't put the watt meter on when I was charging both batteries, I assume it was pulling everything the MacBook wall wart could put out. I'll check next time.
Oh, and when charging one battery on the 65 Watt and it had 1 LED blinking left to go and the fan shut off its pulling 20 watts, that's probably when it would switch to a 2nd battery if one was plugged in.

This is the gadget I used to measure it. I was so tired of being blind to what USB-C was doing with all my devices, cables and adapters.

They do make much cheaper ones than this. This one even has a Bluetooth App for recording.

Amazon.com

Needless to say I got my SkyDio 2+ Pro Kit. All charged and firmware updated, not flown yet.
Might have to wait until weekend :(

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
Update: I finally spoke with Skydio this evening. They told me that my S2+ (ordered on Jan 5) was released for shipment on January 14. Last Friday when most of yours shipped as well. However Skydio did not know if it went out or not. They have no tracking number for the S2+. If it did not ship then any day now it should ship. She said that new shipping terms are 9-12 business days. However, she told me that when I placed my order it was clearly under the 5-7 business days. Today would be 9. She also said that on rare occasion a order can be shipped and a tracking number will not register.

Second part of this order was the controller by itself. It shows it was indeed shipped Friday the 14th. However, it shows it is still in UPS facility in California (I am in Orlando, FL). The Skydio agent was very perplexed by this as well. She said sometimes they are put on planes or trucks without being scanned first and then all of a sudden they are scanned at the location of delivery. We will see. I guess I am playing the part of Murphy in this drama.

The last part of this, I returned by original Skydio 2 that I received end of December. It took all of 4 days to make it back to Skydio😂
I am in the Orlando area also. Ordered on the 4th. One issue with shipment to our area was there was a train issue going into Jacksonville. I was scheduled for a tuesday delivery, but it was rescheduled to yesterday. I did get it. If yours didn't have a tracking number it may arrive today or tomorrow. Hope that helps.

Just recieved mine. No split shipment. Everything was shipped. But shipped with dead batteries, now I have to wait to charge them up before I get to play. Oh well, at least it's here

Just got mine Skydio 2+ Pro kit today in one shipment - ordered last Friday night (the 21st). I figured I missed the window for delivery since they said they ship out on Fridays. Yet it showed up today unexpectedly because the order status still says "Order placed" with no tracking info.

So it was a real nice surprise ; )

I haven't dug into it yet but upon preliminary inspection I noticed there's 4 batteries (their kit page shows we get 3) so I'm happy with that. They also included a MobileMate USB 3.0 reader. That wasn't in my Skydio 2 kit, interestingly.

The only possible hitch is the dual charger isn't charging both batteries at the same time so that's weird. The dual charger in my previous Skydio 2 kit (which I sent back to get the 2+) had no problems charging both batteries at the same time using the same power adaptor I'm using on the new one.

I wonder if it's because of the new 2+ batteries?

Ray

Just got mine Skydio 2+ Pro kit today in one shipment - ordered last Friday night (the 21st). I figured I missed the window for delivery since they said they ship out on Fridays. Yet it showed up today unexpectedly because the order status still says "Order placed" with no tracking info.

I haven't dug into it yet but upon preliminary inspection I noticed there's 4 batteries (their kit page shows we get 3) so I'm happy with that. They also included a MobileMate USB 3.0 reader. That wasn't in my Skydio 2 kit, interestingly.

The only possible hitch is the dual charger isn't charging both batteries at the same time so that's weird. The dual charger in my previous Skydio 2 kit (which I sent back to get the 2+) had no problems charging both batteries at the same time using the same power adaptor I'm using on the new one.

Ray
wow, you are right, i checked my package again and with the pro kit, i indeed received 4 new batteries. now i don't feel so bad about paying so much sales tax:

XX COUNTY TAX
$31.99
XX STATE TAX
$140.99
XX CITY TAX
$24.40

wonder if skydio knows this is happening or if it's intended for the early adopters or just pro kits. there are two pieces to this single shipment: the first is the drone and battery in the soft case and the second is the accessories and 3 batteries in the hard case. to be honest, i was expecting the drone + 3 to be located in the hard case....maybe that's the mix up.

wow, you are right, i checked my package again and with the pro kit, i indeed received 4 new batteries. now i don't feel so bad about paying so much sales tax:

XX COUNTY TAX
$31.99
XX STATE TAX
$140.99
XX CITY TAX
$24.40

wonder if skydio knows this is happening or if it's intended for the early adopters or just pro kits. there are two pieces to this single shipment: the first is the drone and battery in the soft case and the second is the accessories and 3 batteries in the hard case. to be honest, i was expecting the drone + 3 to be located in the hard case....maybe that's the mix up.
Can any one else confirm this?

The old Pro Kit did come with 4…

I only noticed after I ordered the Pro that it only shows a picture with 3 and states that in the details

So I went and ordered a seperate battery, which I’ll return if The kit does indeed come with 4!

Ray
Charging 1 at a time is exactly what it’s supposed to do with two low batteries and 65w wall adapter. If you put one battery that isn’t low it might “appear” to charge two simultaneously (it’s actually tapering/topping-off one and charging the other) If you want it to routinely charge two simultaneously at any level, you need a 90w to 100w wall adapter. Just like it says on the store description. Mine charged two simultaneously with a 96w adapter no problem. And both batteries were pretty low (1 LED).

Can any one else confirm this?

The old Pro Kit did come with 4…

I only noticed after I ordered the Pro that it only shows a picture with 3 and states that in the details

So I went and ordered a seperate battery, which I’ll return if The kit does indeed come with 4!

Per my post above my Pro kit came with 4 despite Skydio literature saying 3. I would just wait for when your kit comes and go from there.

Per my post above my Pro kit came with 4 despite Skydio literature saying 3. I would just wait for when your kit comes and go from there.
It's arrived earlier in the week at my contact in Texas, but unfortunately they are away until Monday so just pre-empting a return prior to arranging freight forwarding of the kit to Australia

The description of each kit states how many batteries. The starter kit comes with 1 and the other kits come with 3. So if you order the starter kit plus any other kit, you get 4 batteries. All the kits are separate kits, just because you order starter kit + another kit doesn't mean they take things out of a kit.

Reactions: RiverEagle
From what I understand, Skydio 2+ kit includes drone and 1 battery. Pro kit includes 3 batteries, 4 batteries total.

So it’s right, just a little confusing but 4 batteries total with Pro kit is correct.

The description of each kit states how many batteries. The starter kit comes with 1 and the other kits come with 3. So if you order the starter kit plus any other kit, you get 4 batteries. All the kits are separate kits, just because you order starter kit + another kit doesn't mean they take things out of a kit.
well, they took away the wall charger. i ordered the starter kit and the pro kit and only got one wall charger. ;)

i understand what you are saying and agree the count is correct but they probably should put the number 4 (not 3) on this chart: Skydio 2+ Starter Kit

i got six extra props and there is a 6 on that chart. in the "pro" picture for $2,169 it should show 4 batteries.

don't get me wrong, i'm not complaining. but it was "unexpected." :)

Actually it's not clear at all.

Look at the listing on this link - Skydio 2+ Starter Kit

Scroll down and read the comparison chart for each kit and ‘Skydio 2+ Batteries’ under the Sport/Cinema/Pro Kit still says 3 total

Plus the photo on that page shows the drone and the slim case with everything that is included in the 'starter kit' with the rest of the fruit from the 'pro kit' and only 3 batteries total

And if you click the 'cinema kit' and you will see a different image without the tablet holder or Skydio Care card that are extras with the Pro Kit, but still with everything from the 'starter kit'

If you click the 'starter kit' the drone doesn't have a battery already attached in the photo, it is pictured next to it

I’m going to clarify with Skydio if this a typo on the page or legit that people are received 4 batteries

Actually it's not clear at all.

Look at the listing on this link - Skydio 2+ Starter Kit

Scroll down and read the comparison chart for each kit and ‘Skydio 2+ Batteries’ under the Sport/Cinema/Pro Kit still says 3 total

Plus the photo on that page shows the drone and the slim case with everything that is included in the 'starter kit' with the rest of the fruit from the 'pro kit' and only 3 batteries total

And if you click the 'cinema kit' and you will see a different image without the tablet holder or Skydio Care card that are extras with the Pro Kit, but still with everything from the 'starter kit'

If you click the 'starter kit' the drone doesn't have a battery already attached in the photo, it is pictured next to it

I’m going to clarify with Skydio if this a typo on the page or legit that people are received 4 batteries
i agree with everything you said except it says "3" not "3 total"...which could mean anything and would actually make sense if the pro photo had a battery attached the drone. maybe the person who opened up the pro kit hard case and only saw slots for 3 batteries and couldn't bring themselves to claim there are somehow 4 in there. :)

otherwise you're right. someone earlier pointed out that the old pro kit included 4 batteries so i believe 4 is the correct total and the support materials should be clarified if necessary.

however, i wouldn't call skydio. for the benefit of the few people who are still awaiting their orders and/or shipping, maybe we don't want skydio to make any adjustments just yet, perhaps. ;)

i agree with everything you said except it says "3" not "3 total"...which could mean anything and would actually make sense if the pro photo had a battery attached the drone. maybe the person who opened up the pro kit hard case and only saw slots for 3 batteries and couldn't bring themselves to claim there are somehow 4 in there. :)

otherwise you're right. someone earlier pointed out that the old pro kit included 4 batteries so i believe 4 is the correct total and the support materials should be clarified if necessary.

however, i wouldn't call skydio. for the benefit of the few people who are still awaiting their orders and/or shipping, maybe we don't want skydio to make any adjustments just yet, perhaps. ;)
it also states 6 propellers and they are clearly shown in the photos for the pro kit, 4 in the cinema and 2 in the sport

I'd take that to mean total

sounds like a stuff up from Skydio

if anyone else receives their S2+ pro kit before Monday feel free to confirm the total batteries please

cheers

it also states 6 propellers and they are clearly shown in the photos for the pro kit, 4 in the cinema and 2 in the sport

I'd take that to mean total

sounds like a stuff up from Skydio

if anyone else receives their S2+ pro kit before Monday feel free to confirm the total batteries please

cheers

read my post #135 i am agreeing with you. lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup