Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Anyone get shipping info yet?

I like you, checking email and Shop app constantly 😊. I ordered same day of release but late in the day 1-4 7:24 pm, today (not counting first day or weekend) makes it 8 working days.

Hopefully, like you and many others get that email indicating delivery date 😉
I think we are all in same boat and watching our emails with anticipation.

So last Friday when the Skydio rep called me to explain the hold up on the controller, she told me that Fridays were the ‘big’ shipping days. And that if my S2+ Was not included in last Fridays shipment, she was certain it would be included in todays shipment. I have a feeling they held shipping just the drone last week separately waiting for the controller to show up this week. She said that the UPS driver does not pickup the out going shipments until usually around 6pm PST. So me being on the east coast she told me to check my email around 9pm. Let’s hope it is today and we will receive an email notice before we all go to bed tonight!

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
I think we are all in same boat and watching our emails with anticipation.

So last Friday when the Skydio rep called me to explain the hold up on the controller, she told me that Fridays were the ‘big’ shipping days. And that if my S2+ Was not included in last Fridays shipment, she was certain it would be included in todays shipment. I have a feeling they held shipping just the drone last week separately waiting for the controller to show up this week. She said that the UPS driver does not pickup the out going shipments until usually around 6pm PST. So me being on the east coast she told me to check my email around 9pm. Let’s hope it is today and we will receive an email notice before we all go to bed tonight!
I know Skydio is overwhelmed, I’ve emailed twice and called once left a message with no reply. Actually, one email of mine did receive a computer generated reply email from them that they are overwhelmed.

It will be well worth the wait, Just wish we had a tracking number from Skydio to go by even though nothing has been shipped out. At least, we can see when it gets shipped out.

Glad to hear you got through and spoke with someone, appreciate you sharing the contact information with skydio. Help unease our impatienc 😊

I've chatted up Skydio a few times over the past few days and haven't had any issues getting in touch with them fortunately. I pushed an order through for their Pro package this afternoon and the rep said they are still on track and in stock with everything now so I'm guessing the controllers finally came in.

Ray

Just received tracking number, apparently for one item only the Pro upgrade kit. I would have thought it would be the opposite, Skydio 2+ kit shipped first followEd with Pro upgrade kit later.

Reactions: Cory Wallace
Good news everybody!! I just got my shipping label. 8:30 pm on a Friday night lol. I didn’t think I would get it now. Anyway it says my package is to arrive on January 17 at end of the day. I’ll check to see if it’s split up.

The shop app tells me it’s both items for me being shipped.
Same here, Only shop app shows arrival for tomorrow UPS. I’m sure that’s an error, probably receive early next week.

However, not sure from Shop app if I’m getting both Skydo 2+ and Pro upgrade kit together? From the email from Skydio only shows Pro upgrade kit being shipped, hopefully that too is an error and both packages are shipped together.

Reactions: TonyPHX
Well I am a bit disappointed. I ordered a controller on Dec 29. That shows it shipped yesterday. I ordered the S2+ Plus sports package on Jan 5. It did not ship yesterday. Still showing order completed only. I thought they were waiting for controller so they could ship all together but apparently not. I thought maybe it was all together and they just did. It update tracking information but in details of the shipment is shows the weight of package is 1.37 pounds. I know the Skydio and sport package is 9lbs.

It should be new controller. That is why even that was delayed was because they were awaiting new shipment of controllers. See my earlier post where Skydio contacted me last week.

Well I am a bit disappointed. I ordered a controller on Dec 29. That shows it shipped yesterday. I ordered the S2+ Plus sports package on Jan 5. It did not ship yesterday. Still showing order completed only. I thought they were waiting for controller so they could ship all together but apparently not. I thought maybe it was all together and they just did. It update tracking information but in details of the shipment is shows the weight of package is 1.37 pounds. I know the Skydio and sport package is 9lbs.
Good morning Gadgetdude,

From what I gathered, and Skydio confirmed this with a generated email they are working hard filling the orders. Although I ordered same day (4th) of launch, it was late in the day 7:24pm. Those that ordered same day but earlier, those orders shipped out 1-2 days before my order which was shipped last night.

Based from this, I would assume your Skydio 2+ order will be shipped soon. In regards to the controller they shipped out to you last night, hopefully it’s the newest controller version and I see you mentioning the controller was ordered Dec 29 and shipped last night, the newest controller has more range and if the controller shipped last night is the older version, Maybe you can reverse the order having it replaced with the newest controller version.

Hang in there, I know it’s disappointing seeing others get their orders shipped out but Skydio is overwhelmed I too was on pins a needles waiting for the tracking information.

The Skydio experience to come will be well worth the wait 😊

Terrific, disregard my comment with the older controller. Glad to see you’re getting the new controller 👍

Good morning Gadgetdude,

From what I gathered, and Skydio confirmed this with a generated email they are working hard filling the orders. Although I ordered same day (4th) of launch, it was late in the day 7:24pm. Those that ordered same day but earlier, those orders shipped out 1-2 days before my order which was shipped last night.

Based from this, I would assume your Skydio 2+ order will be shipped soon. In regards to the controller they shipped out to you last night, hopefully it’s the newest controller version and I see you mentioning the controller was ordered Dec 29 and shipped last night, the newest controller has more range and if the controller shipped last night is the older version, Maybe you can reverse the order having it replaced with the newest controller version.

Hang in there, I know it’s disappointing seeing others get their orders shipped out but Skydio is overwhelmed I too was on pins a needles waiting for the tracking information.

The Skydio experience to come will be well worth the wait 😊
My understanding is the Controller didn’t change. There is a 2+ Drone, 2+ Beacon, 2+ Battery but there is NO 2+ Controller.

Check their website accessories.

My package sure did make a mile yesterday. Woohoo look at it go!! Lol

Attachments

• 5639D432-098E-4690-9D2C-63475C3C326D.jpeg
    5639D432-098E-4690-9D2C-63475C3C326D.jpeg
    419.1 KB · Views: 6
  • Haha
Reactions: RiverEagle
FYI, my initial comment about the gimbal being further out from the body than the S2 was premature. I think it was more of an optical illusion. I think when I looked at the S2+ I just caught an angle that made it look like a larger gap. Side by side, they are clearly the same.IMG_8573.JPG

Oh yeah. Hey Tony or anyone I hate to be a bother but I’m just getting into drones for the purpose of photogrammetry. Do you have any experience in this field. Have you used there 3D scan. I’m still a bit confused about it and drone deploy. Is that two differnt services with two differnt costs. Sorry if you can’t help me lol.

• Haha
FYI, my initial comment about the gimbal being further out from the body than the S2 was premature. I think it was more of an optical illusion. I think when I looked at the S2+ I just caught an angle that made it look like a larger gap. Side by side, they are clearly the same.View attachment 628
It’s all about your perceived angle. Totally understandable. What’s funny is in the picture it looks like the S2 has a wider gap😂. It’s the shadow.

• Haha

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FRANCISCO MENDES MORAES