Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Anyone get shipping info yet?

TonyPHX

Reaction score
I got the automated email about the care plan, so hoping my 2+ is on the way! In the meantime, saw Billy Kyle's video and at least in his video still saw a lot of pixellation in the transmitted video image.

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
I got the automated email about the care plan, so hoping my 2+ is on the way! In the meantime, saw Billy Kyle's video and at least in his video still saw a lot of pixellation in the transmitted video image.

Thank you for sharing the shipping experience.

And, haha, you notice that...

I don't know but I feel he shared that in purpose. Maybe not much, but a little.

Perhaps this is the reason that some of us always remind that if the need is for long-distance shooting, it is best to think more about it.

Last edited:
I received the same email with care plan update, I think when they ship the package they’ll send off an email and text. That may be in a few day’s, that was my understanding from the first email from them.

Same here. Just care email.

I also installed the “shop” app that tracks the order and all it shows is “ordered”.

I also installed the “shop” app that tracks the order and all it shows is “ordered”.
In my last order experience, there was a "dark period" during the order placement and shipping confirmation.

It doesn't feel good, but Skydio will ship it on time.

My last purchase took 5-7 working days and there is not information in the "dark period" at all.

But, Skydio will just ship it as schedule and on time.

So don't worry too much.

Last edited:

I seen that too, the signup for shop app. I stopped there, instead signed up to be notified by text and email once it’s shipped and provied with updates during shipping.

I seen that too, the signup for shop app. I stopped there, instead signed up to be notified by text and email once it’s shipped and provied with updates during shipping.
The app seems pretty good. We’ll see how it goes. Pretty harmless.

The app seems pretty good. We’ll see how it goes. Pretty harmless.
Yes, that scared me going forward adding additional personal information. You’re probably right, shop app is probably safe.

Yes, that scared me going forward adding additional personal information. You’re probably right, shop app is probably safe.

The shop.skydio.com uses the service of Shopify. (Shop.app)

The Shop app (phone) is a part of Shopify's services.

Thank you,

I’ll probably sign up in a few days, mswlogo expressed the same it’s safe.

Thank you and thanks mswlogo!

Ahh, that’s really cool to know. Thanks.
I was just reading an article about Shopify (google them if curious).

yeah i saw that pixelation too. for the skydio 2, i just dont see where i'll need to fly it more than one mile away....so i'm not really worried. guess i'll have to see it for myself because kyle keeps saying even though there are pixels, it is still pretty good. if this were a mavic or autel i would be worried but as long as the signal improves by X amount, i'm good.

Reactions: TonyPHX
yeah i saw that pixelation too. for the skydio 2, i just dont see where i'll need to fly it more than one mile away....so i'm not really worried. guess i'll have to see it for myself because kyle keeps saying even though there are pixels, it is still pretty good. if this were a mavic or autel i would be worried but as long as the signal improves by X amount, i'm good.
Folks need to stop thinking in pure ideal distances. A better radio is better at any distance. Period. I struggled with pixelation on a Mavic 3 at less than a mile in fairly low density area.

Even with the plus some of the “ranges” are as low as 500 meters.

There is a nice interface on Skydio web site showing expected ranges in various conditions for each device.

don't you guys have to follow VLOS rules for the FAA in the states anyways? For me this drone is all about the autonomy and tracking, I don't really ever fly it more than about 500m from me and rarely bust out the controller anyways. I know in Australia unless you're commercial operator CASA is pretty hot on it too!

I pulled the trigger almost immediately after they updated the Skydio website and haven't received shipping notification yet. But mind you back on 01/10/19 when they launched the S2 they sold out of their first batch in 24 hours and some people were waiting a really long time for that drone!

I have to do the rigamarole of international freight forwarding unless the guys at Skydio ANZ help me out, but I won't know until Monday. They only sell to 'enterprise' customers, but since I was an early adopter and had the drone internationally before a lot of other people and before they expanded, I've had replacement items shipped directly to me, plus I am known to the brand as a 'featured flyer' amongst other flight data et.c they have from me, they might do it

don't you guys have to follow VLOS rules for the FAA in the states anyways? For me this drone is all about the autonomy and tracking, I don't really ever fly it more than about 500m from me and rarely bust out the controller anyways. I know in Australia unless you're commercial operator CASA is pretty hot on it too!

I pulled the trigger almost immediately after they updated the Skydio website and haven't received shipping notification yet. But mind you back on 01/10/19 when they launched the S2 they sold out of their first batch in 24 hours and some people were waiting a really long time for that drone!

I have to do the rigamarole of international freight forwarding unless the guys at Skydio ANZ help me out, but I won't know until Monday. They only sell to 'enterprise' customers, but since I was an early adopter and had the drone internationally before a lot of other people and before they expanded, I've had replacement items shipped directly to me, plus I am known to the brand as a 'featured flyer' amongst other flight data et.c they have from me, they might do it
cool, it's good to see that others outside here (america) can get the drone. yes, we have vlos rules but they do not always depend on range. technically the drone could be 100 yards away and if it's on the other side of a hill or building, it is beyond vlos. people ride in this cars/bikes with the drone following overhead without a spotter. a lot of fpv flyers can't always see their drone when flying around structures. fortunately, i would characterize the rules are currently loosely enforced. the right people can get a waiver today but my personal opinion is i feel like vlos rules and restrictions will change dramatically over the next few years. still, i agree with you, the s2 is hardly the drone to fly that far away.

I think I am not concerned about pixelation after getting to try out keyframes. My 2 and eventually 2+ are going to be very near me! I am over the moon on keyframes and jeez, where has this been all my life??

Reactions: RiverEagle
I think I am not concerned about pixelation after getting to try out keyframes. My 2 and eventually 2+ are going to be very near me! I am over the moon on keyframes and jeez, where has this been all my life??

It sounds your 2+ is on the way.

Congratulations.

Please keep us posted.

It sounds your 2+ is on the way.

Congratulations.

Please keep us posted.
The nice part is also knowing existing accessories work. Between flying the Skydio2 more now and a few others, I really need a few more days off work. : )

Reactions: Sky Cyclist
@kenmavic2zoom Just realized from your name Ken that you obviously have or had a M2 Zoom. Funny thing, one area near my AMA field, I simply cannot fly my M2 Zoom. I have a full signal and go to immediate pixelation followed by loss of telemetry and video all in a few seconds every time. I'm convinced somebody in that area does not like RC vehicles. : ) It happens with the M2 Zoom, but all my other gear from that same vendor, no issue. I am going to check it out with the S2+ just for curiosity when it arrives.

@kenmavic2zoom Just realized from your name Ken that you obviously have or had a M2 Zoom. Funny thing, one area near my AMA field, I simply cannot fly my M2 Zoom. I have a full signal and go to immediate pixelation followed by loss of telemetry and video all in a few seconds every time. I'm convinced somebody in that area does not like RC vehicles. : ) It happens with the M2 Zoom, but all my other gear from that same vendor, no issue. I am going to check it out with the S2+ just for curiosity when it arrives.
yeah that does sound strange. standard controller or smart controller? i haven't had any issues with my M2Z but it hasn't been my go-to in quite awhile...moved on the Autel Evo 2 Pro.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup