Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Anyone get shipping info yet?

Actually it's not clear at all.

Look at the listing on this link - Skydio 2+ Starter Kit

Scroll down and read the comparison chart for each kit and ‘Skydio 2+ Batteries’ under the Sport/Cinema/Pro Kit still says 3 total

Plus the photo on that page shows the drone and the slim case with everything that is included in the 'starter kit' with the rest of the fruit from the 'pro kit' and only 3 batteries total

And if you click the 'cinema kit' and you will see a different image without the tablet holder or Skydio Care card that are extras with the Pro Kit, but still with everything from the 'starter kit'

If you click the 'starter kit' the drone doesn't have a battery already attached in the photo, it is pictured next to it

I’m going to clarify with Skydio if this a typo on the page or legit that people are received 4 batteries
Look at the Sport and Cinema Kit.

It says TWO extra batteries. The Pro Kit is the Cinema Kit + Care and Tablet Adapter (that's the only difference in the chart).
It's the same number of batteries from Sport through Pro in the chart.

So with 4 batteries where do you put the ND filters. First world problems ;)

Look at the Sport and Cinema Kit.

It says TWO extra batteries. The Pro Kit is the Cinema Kit + Care and Tablet Adapter (that's the only difference in the chart).
It's the same number of batteries from Sport through Pro in the chart.

So with 4 batteries where do you put the ND filters. First world problems ;)
Did I read earlier in this thread you have received your S2+ Pro Kit?

So you can confirm that it came with 4 batteries?

I’ve had the old S2 Pro Kit for 2 years. Everything has a home in the Pro Case

ND Filters live in the slit front right

All the cables I put in the slot for the Tablet Adaptor (on top of it)

I'm in AU and the wall charger is useless so I have an Eco Flow River Power Station as I usually charge on the go and it draws close to 100w with the dual charger + 2 batteries

The slot for the wall charger I have an Instamic Pro (for audio when flying Beacon only - plus it's waterproof) and bits and pieces for the mounts there

I also have a xRite Collar checker Passport and that lives in the top thin slot - for colour correction

and the WeatherFlow Weather Meter is another handy bit of kit as I regularly fly in conditions outside the rated windspeed fits on top of the ND filter case with the cleaning cloth

sand everywhere in the photo, just got sandblasted on the beach haha!

Attachments

• IMG_1069.jpg
    IMG_1069.jpg
    640.3 KB · Views: 3
I posted a new thread mini review with a Video of a Case Landing but I've been waiting for Moderator Approval :(
My micro review is "Flawless".

Reactions: Waldo Pepper
OK my review went public. Someone gave it a thumbs up. Then I edited a few typos and it went into Approval mode again. Seriously.

So that encourages me to not ask questions in a new thread and I'll unfortunately go off topic and ask here ;(

First few flights, no issues.

A later flight it gave me a warning about GPS accuracy. And I clicked a button for it to fix it. I forget what the prompt was and what I selected. But the drone did some lateral moves and then it was fine. Perfect.

Today, new location. I get a warning about GPS (I was using phone + beacon). There was a little X below the satellite Icon on the beacon. I didn't know how to resolve it. I tried restarting Beacon. It said it couldn't do some things with Poor GPS "PAUSING".

First, what's it complaining about, the Beacon or the Drone? 2nd how do I help it?

OK my review went public. Someone gave it a thumbs up. Then I edited a few typos and it went into Approval mode again. Seriously.

So that encourages me to not ask questions in a new thread and I'll unfortunately go off topic and ask here ;(

A later flight it gave me a warning about GPS accuracy. And I clicked a button for it to fix it. I forget what the prompt was and what I selected. But the drone did some lateral moves and then it was fine. Perfect.

Today, new location. I get a warning about GPS (I was using phone + beacon). There was a little X below the satellite Icon on the beacon. I didn't know how to resolve it. I tried restarting Beacon. It said it couldn't do some things with Poor GPS "PAUSING".

First, what's it complaining about, the Beacon or the Drone? 2nd how do I help it?
I'm not sure, but it sounds like you just need to move the drone laterally a bit to find a spot with somewhat better coverage. If it's the same as what I have experienced fairly frequently, the fix should be that easy. It may take a bit of movement - 50-100 feet in my experience - but it has worked. I hope your answer is this easy 🤞

I'm not sure, but it sounds like you just need to move the drone laterally a bit to find a spot with somewhat better coverage. If it's the same as what I have experienced fairly frequently, the fix should be that easy. It may take a bit of movement - 50-100 feet in my experience - but it has worked. I hope your answer is this easy 🤞
But is it the Drone or the Beacon that needs a better fix? I flew the drone with phone and controller a few minutes earlier with no warning. Then I setup the beacon. I didn’t even turn the drone off. The first time a GPS warning happened the day before (might have been different), But it (Skydio) appeared to know it was the drone and moved the drone laterally by itself to fix it. I flew the drone for 10 minutes or so with the warning and the warning never went away.

Last edited:
But is it the Drone or the Beacon that needs a better fix? I flew the drone with phone and controller a few minutes earlier with no warning. Then I setup the beacon.
The first time it happened the day before (might have been different), But it appeared to know it was the drone and moved the drone laterally by itself to fix it.
Oh. I've not had the drone move itself to fix that issue. I also haven't flown it since the update, so don't know if that might be an improvement. I've not used the beacon yet, so my issue at least is not related.

I posted a new thread mini review with a Video of a Case Landing but I've been waiting for Moderator Approval :(
My micro review is "Flawless".

I remember reading an article a while back where there were some case landing experiences.

I am looking for it....

Oh, I find it, it wasn't easy, it's nowhere but here.

This discussion is the clearest discussion of Case Landing on the entire Internet.

Not at all.

I am waiting for reading it.

Just please be patient.

Reactions: mswlogo
I remember reading an article a while back where there were some case landing experiences.

I am looking for it....

Oh, I find it, it wasn't easy, it's nowhere but here.

This discussion is the clearest discussion of Case Landing on the entire Internet.

Not at all.

I am waiting for reading it.

Just please be patient.
Thanks.

I have case landings down great. I'm probably 7 out of 8. Pretty simple. The one that missed was landing in my friends yard that had little patches of snow and grass. I think Skydio thought one of the patches of snow was the landing target.

Just trying to understand this GPS warning on the Beacon.

EDIT: I just read through the Beacon manual and searched for every instance of GPS. It did say the Icon on the Beacon is the GPS for the Beacon (not the Drone). And that had an X under it when the warning/pausing messages popped up on the Beacon. Manual said it would prompt you for YOU to connect your phone to the Beacon (probably for GPS Assist). Well, the phone was already connected. But I just looked at System settings on the iPhone for the Skydio App and you can set Skydio App to be Location While using or Always. Always is usually used for GPS Navigation apps running in background. I'm pretty sure I had the app open on the phone (meaning "Always" should not have been required) and phone connected to Beacon. But I think Always might help in case I put my phone in my pocket the App will still have access to location. Maybe the phone did close for a moment and the app didn't have location. But I don't think so. Any way, I think it was a glitch. Phone should have had good data signal, good GPS and it was connected to the Beacon and the App was open. And the Beacon showed NO GPS at all, hence the warning. I'll have to keep an eye on it.

BTW is was cold out. About 35F.

Last edited:
Thanks.

I have case landings down great. I'm probably 7 out of 8. Pretty simple. The one that missed was landing in my friends yard that had little patches of snow and grass. I think Skydio thought one of the patches of snow was the landing target.

Just trying to understand this GPS warning on the Beacon.

EDIT: I just read through the Beacon manual and searched for every instance of GPS. It did say the Icon on the Beacon is the GPS for the Beacon (not the Drone). And that had an X under it when the warning/pausing messages popped up on the Beacon. Manual said it would prompt you for YOU to connect your phone to the Beacon (probably for GPS Assist). Well, the phone was already connected. But I just looked at System settings on the iPhone for the Skydio App and you can set Skydio App to be Location While using or Always. Always is usually used for GPS Navigation apps running in background. I'm pretty sure I had the app open on the phone (meaning "Always" should not have been required) and phone connected to Beacon. But I think Always might help in case I put my phone in my pocket the App will still have access to location. Maybe the phone did close for a moment and the app didn't have location. But I don't think so. Any way, I think it was a glitch. Phone should have had good data signal, good GPS and it was connected to the Beacon and the App was open. And the Beacon showed NO GPS at all, hence the warning. I'll have to keep an eye on it.

BTW is was cold out. About 35F.

Still waiting to read your case landing review for more details.

I'm very interested in case landing, I don't know how to do it yet.

It is a drone and any small incident will cause big problems. I will need it to land 100% success before trying it myself.

All the landings I did till now are all hand-landing -- more than 100% success. :cool:

Did you try to post your review under the thread? Case Landings--Your Success Rate?

It might save some approval process and time... I just guess so. Can't wait to see it.

35F is cold

Last edited:
Still waiting to read your case landing review for more details.

I'm very interested in case landing, I don't know how to do it yet.

It is a drone and any small incident will cause big problems. I will need it to land 100% success before trying it myself.

All the landings I did till now are all hand-landing -- more than 100% success. :cool:

Did you try to post your review under the thread? Case Landings--Your Success Rate?

It might save some approval process and time... I just guess so. Can't wait to see it.

35F is cold
My review is a general review. But I did include a Video of doing a case landing in it.

I felt the case landing would be the safest landing. I’m not a fan of hand launches or hand landings. A botched landing on the ground or case is just $150. A botched hand landing or launch is a trip to the hospital and currently overloaded with COVID cases. And you might still have to pay $150 to repair your drone. Why risk it?

If I land in my yard or field sometimes the ground isn’t as level as I thought. I have uneven lumps of grass. I’ve come close to botching a ground landing with the DJI’s but never a problem. But really close. Case landing feels safer to me. Clean flat surface and it’s quite good at it.

Case launch is a breeze. Every landing I’ve done has been a case landing attempt. Just point the camera at the case. Then double tap on the case in the Video on your phone. If the double tap is ignored you are too far out. It will zip right down to the case and hover over it. Really fun to watch and that’s what the video shows. Then hit the Land button. It will stay right on target and land on it perfectly. One of my favorite features.

Reactions: Sky Cyclist
i agree, hand landing is unsafe and certainly should not be done unless absolutely necessary because it is a bit risky at times. you have to practice it once or twice just so you know how it works and don't have to experience it for the first time during a situation. however, hand launching the skydio is perfectly ok and the drone is designed to hand launch. all you need to do is hold it out and away from you, hold it steady so the drone can detect it is safe to fly and when done appropriately, the drone will fly off and turn around and acquire a sight picture.

i agree, hand landing is unsafe and certainly should not be done unless absolutely necessary because it is a bit risky at times. you have to practice it once or twice just so you know how it works and don't have to experience it for the first time during a situation. however, hand launching the skydio is perfectly ok and the drone is designed to hand launch. all you need to do is hold it out and away from you, hold it steady so the drone can detect it is safe to fly and when done appropriately, the drone will fly off and turn around and acquire a sight picture.

You are right.

It is my fault and I should not use the term of "safe".

The video you post is super and great.

It is a must to watch.

--------------------------------
Here is the correction
--------------------------------

Hand landing is safe stable and reliable and its success rate is more than 100% if you watch the flight school and do practices.

With a more than 100% success rate, it is not risky.

Since that, I will recommend it as the main landing option and promote it.

Why it is more than 100% success rate, the reason is simple.

It is just because the hand landing process is checked and confirmed by humans and it is done step by step carefully.

Last edited:
My review is a general review. But I did include a Video of doing a case landing in it.

I felt the case landing would be the safest landing. I’m not a fan of hand launches or hand landings. A botched landing on the ground or case is just $150. A botched hand landing or launch is a trip to the hospital and currently overloaded with COVID cases. And you might still have to pay $150 to repair your drone. Why risk it?

If I land in my yard or field sometimes the ground isn’t as level as I thought. I have uneven lumps of grass. I’ve come close to botching a ground landing with the DJI’s but never a problem. But really close. Case landing feels safer to me. Clean flat surface and it’s quite good at it.

Case launch is a breeze. Every landing I’ve done has been a case landing attempt. Just point the camera at the case. Then double tap on the case in the Video on your phone. If the double tap is ignored you are too far out. It will zip right down to the case and hover over it. Really fun to watch and that’s what the video shows. Then hit the Land button. It will stay right on target and land on it perfectly. One of my favorite features.
I disagree and I hand launch and land 100% of the time and have done so for the past 2 years.

In +20kn winds too...

Pretty hard to do a case landing with Beacon only flights

Doing it on a boat, now that's a different story haha!

And to confirm again - the S2+ Pro Kit despite how it's listed on the Skydio website does actually include 4 batteries!

Stoked to finally get it en route to Aus

Attachments

• 123_1.jpeg
    123_1.jpeg
    973.7 KB · Views: 4

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whoalacoasta