Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Audio Files

CarbonRacing

Reaction score
The Audio files are not showing up on the SD card consistently. I flew 3 Batteries yesterday, the first file has the Audio Files the other two flights do not. I have contacted Skydio regarding this but haven't heard back yet. Is there a process you need to do in order to get the Audio files to synchronize over to the Skydio? I have a Android Galaxy S10. Weird that it works sometimes.

The Audio files are not showing up on the SD card consistently. I flew 3 Batteries yesterday, the first file has the Audio Files the other two flights do not. I have contacted Skydio regarding this but haven't heard back yet. Is there a process you need to do in order to get the Audio files to synchronize over to the Skydio? I have a Android Galaxy S10. Weird that it works sometimes.
Any chance that there is an audio switch on your phone that got switched off after your first flight?

No audio switch but good point I might have closed the screen before I put the phone in my Backpack! I assumed the app would run with the screen turned off, like google maps or spotify or like several other apps do, but maybe not. Perhaps if you go to another app or turn the screen off it stops recording on the phone. Ill test that out today and see. Thank you

Curious to see what Skydio has to say about this. I often lose these files as well, assuming it’s because my phone is locked when I land the Skydio in my hand with the beacon.

I like the audio file feature and wish they were time coded automatically to the .mp4 file by the drone when you access the media after a flight. Anyone know a piece of software that does this effortlessly?

This is the reply i got from Skydio

Ralph
(Skydio)

Mar 9, 9:13 AM PDT

Hi Del,

We hope you had a great weekend! It sounds like there could be a few reasons why your audio is not recording.

1) We recommend connecting your beacon to your vehicle first, then connecting the phone to the beacon.
2) You'll want to ensure your phone is running the app throughout the flight. If your phone was locked or in any sleep mode the app may have stopped running during your flight.
3) As you know, the audio will only record through the mic on your smartphone. When flying, try to turn off the wifi on your phone to make sure that the phone will not auto-connect to the vehicle wifi while using the beacon.
4) With the audio files on the SD card, you may want to confirm that multiple clips that you expected to show on the SD card weren't merged into the same audio file (i.e. two video clips had one longer audio file).

We hope this helps! Thank you for your patience through troubleshooting. Please let us know if you continue to experience difficulty after following these steps.

We're happy to have you flying with us!
Best,
Ralph

Interesting... turn the phone WiFi off? That seems like a recommendation for flying with the controller. Thanks for sharing this. I have connected to the beacon first a few times, and then beacon to the drone. I’ll do more testing tomorrow.

Interesting... turn the phone WiFi off? That seems like a recommendation for flying with the controller. Thanks for sharing this. I have connected to the beacon first a few times, and then beacon to the drone. I’ll do more testing tomorrow.

I don't know, im using the GoPro for Audio. My DJI drone doesn't record audio at all so im used to using the GoPro. Im sure the microphone is better on the GoPro anyway. Del

I don't know, im using the GoPro for Audio. My DJI drone doesn't record audio at all so im used to using the GoPro. Im sure the microphone is better on the GoPro anyway. Del
DJI Spark also records audio from the phone or tablet.

Just noticed the same problem and I think the problem happens if you don't let the drone sync the audio file to the video file at the end of the flight. Don't turn the drone off too fast after you land.
The audio files are saved on the phone, if it didn't sync to the drone you will find it on the phone.
Android file location is in the /data/data/com.skydio.r3/files folder (you must be rooted to get the access)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup