Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Drone Deploy vs Enterprise software

AZedu

Reaction score
Hi- I'm looking for "other than DJI" options for our University's Bachelor's UAS program. I already purchased Drone Deploy for our Phantom 4's. Considering the cost, is it worth buying Skydio's software? It sounds impressive, but all I really intend to use the Skydio drones for is inside work, 2d and 3d mapping. And, it's only for educational use. The vertical look is a nice feature, but I think we can live without it. And DD (according to Drone Deploy) is compatible with Skydio's
Any feedback would be appreciated.

What did you end up concluding?
I talked to a sales rep from Skydio. He said"we're primarily a software company", and didn't want to talk about the hardware at all. They lock out features such as looking up, and close object avoidance unless you buy their software.
I didn't care for his attitude, so I went with Autel.

I talked to a sales rep from Skydio. He said"we're primarily a software company", and didn't want to talk about the hardware at all. They lock out features such as looking up, and close object avoidance unless you buy their software.
I didn't care for his attitude, so I went with Autel.
Interesting. I've got a call with a rep today, we'll see how that compares.

Interesting. I've got a call with a rep today, we'll see how that compares.
His name was Daniel Plumbo, he's only been with the company since November. He's not representing the company very well.

I am looking at software options for a UAV class and saw your post about using DroneDeploy in an educational context. Can you tell me what types of missions you are using it for, as well as your overall opinion of it?

Is your program in AZ (judging by your handle). I am in AZ and am interested in the UAV education scene.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jaimejcornado