Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Just for fun - Skydio Order No

I just got this. I took 6 hours to reserve on Oct 1. The first Skydio 2s are now shipping! The manufacturing line is running full tilt, our first software release is complete, and the team is packing up drones everyday. The demand for the product is ahead of what we had planned for, so it is going to take us some time to work our way through all of the orders. We realize this means a long wait for many of you. We appreciate the confidence you put in us by placing your reservation, and we are working hard to deliver.

We made the decision to build Skydio 2 locally because it gives us more control over product quality and enables us to get Skydio 2 in the hands of our first customers sooner than if we manufactured overseas. It also means that it takes a little longer for us to ramp up production.

We’re incredibly thankful for your support as a reservation holder and we want to bring you along on this journey. Here’s a behind-the-scenes look at some of the steps on Skydio 2’s path from a collection of parts through to a fully integrated product, delivered to your doorstep (blog post).

Thank you for your patience. We look forward to the day we can officially count all of you as Skydio 2 users.
Same letter I got

ok - got tracking number just a hair within the 48 hours from my "you will get tracking within 24-48 hours"

/k

617423XX

ORDER completed Oct 16th as I have 2 on order
So do you mean you ordered on Oct 1, and was offered the ability to finalize your purchase and complete your order all the way back to Oct 16? Didn’t realize they were Sending completion notices that far back. I assume then yours have shipped? Kaz didn’t complete until November and his are on the way...

Z

Got my tracking number last night, they only missed the 48hrs by an hour. I consider that pretty good considering how busy they have to be.

Got my tracking number last night, they only missed the 48hrs by an hour. I consider that pretty good considering how busy they have to be.
Interesting, your order number is higher than mine and I haven’t even received the request to complete email. Going to contact them to be sure it didn’t get lost somewhere...

Hope you enjoy it! Looking forward to hearing the comments.

Z

I use Gmail and it came in under promotions which is a little weird.

Interesting, your order number is higher than mine and I haven’t even received the request to complete email. Going to contact them to be sure it didn’t get lost somewhere...

Hope you enjoy it! Looking forward to hearing the comments.

Z

Same, also going to contact them.

hmm - UPS has delayed my US part of the delivery until tomorrow with this message : "Due to operating conditions, your package may be delayed. "

That can really mean about 500 different excuses for not delivering on time....

But most likely aftershock of Black Friday..

Well cutoff time for me to get it this year is 3pm tomorrow SF time...

I was told by Skydio, that aside from the 6 defining first batch, the following numbers are in no way sequenced. FYI

I was told by Skydio, that aside from the 6 defining first batch, the following numbers are in no way sequenced. FYI
So they can design a state of the art drone but don't know how to use a spreadsheet to sequence numbers?

Just feeling a little testy this morning. LOL :whistle:

So they can design a state of the art drone but don't know how to use a spreadsheet to sequence numbers?

I was thinking the exact same thing.

hmm - UPS has delayed my US part of the delivery until tomorrow with this message : "Due to operating conditions, your package may be delayed. "

That can really mean about 500 different excuses for not delivering on time....

But most likely aftershock of Black Friday..

Well cutoff time for me to get it this year is 3pm tomorrow SF time...
They didn't even give me a reason, mine was switched from a sat delivery to monday.

It's actually a best practice for security reasons. The "prefix" would be the same for a particular batch, but the trailing digits would be randomized to prevent easy guessing of valid order numbers, potentially thwarting social engineering fraud. It's just one of many security measures that companies take, especially for phone/online orders.

Reactions: Ridefreak
It's actually a best practice for security reasons. The "prefix" would be the same for a particular batch, but the trailing digits would be randomized to prevent easy guessing of valid order numbers, potentially thwarting social engineering fraud. It's just one of many security measures that companies take, especially for phone/online orders.
Regardless of how they design their numbering system what I do know is that I preordered on day 1 and they still haven’t contacted me. It is beginning to concern me that we are 8 days into December now and they stated they will ship batch 1 late November into December. Though technically they haven’t missed their date I’m not seeing a heck of a lot being shipped of those on the forum...

Z

Regardless of how they design their numbering system what I do know is that I preordered on day 1 and they still haven’t contacted me. It is beginning to concern me that we are 8 days into December now and they stated they will ship batch 1 late November into December. Though technically they haven’t missed their date I’m not seeing a heck of a lot being shipped of those on the forum...

Z

My sentiments exactly...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UpAboveVisuals