Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

New S2+ battery 'issue'

kgilbertsen

Reaction score
I put the newly purchased S2+ battery in the charger and it indicates that it IS charging. The problem is that it never seems to complete. That last blue light has been flashing ALL DAY. At least 6-7 hours now. I've taken it off the charger and replaced it with no change. Anyone see this behavior?

(This occurred after it wasn't taking ANY charge, until I put the 'battery on the drone' trick. Then the charger started working correctly.)

Reactions: Sky Cyclist
That's a new one. Just for S&G why do you put it in the drone and connect to see what charge level the system thinks it's charged to?

Reactions: kgilbertsen
That's a new one. Just for S&G why do you put it in the drone and connect to see what charge level the system thinks it's charged to?
Good idea 💡. It shows 100%, with a not quite complete green circle. So, I'd say it is good to go. Thanks 👍

I would try charging it in the drone. Sometimes the charger circuitry gets in that way on new batteries and prevent them from completing.

Last edited:
Do the batteries have firmware in them. I think DJI’s do. Maybe one round through the Drone on a new battery is a good idea.

Right but are you also using the AC adapter that came with it?

I have a hard time getting my batteries to charge without the supplied AC adapter. It's capable of 3.25 amps at 20 volts. Anything less and I can leave the batteries on all day and they barley charge.

I think RideFreak found a 19 volt adapter he got to work off a car or motorcycle.

I have a hard time getting my batteries to charge without the supplied AC adapter. It's capable of 3.25 amps at 20 volts. Anything less and I can leave the batteries on all day and they barley charge.

I think RideFreak found a 19 volt adapter he got to work off a car or motorcycle.
The batteries that came with the S2 charge without any problem. It's the new S2+ battery that doesn't want to stop blinking, as if it's still charging. But, it shows 100%. So I'm not going to get worried about it. I'll keep an eye on it for the first few charge cycles to see if its behavior changes.

Reactions: Ridefreak

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ViktorSinatorov0fup