Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

New Software Push?

Ridefreak

Wiki Editor
Reaction score
I powered up the SD2 to format the SD card tonight and it updated to 5.41.84 . Then I connected the beacon and it updated also. Previous update 5.41.77 supplied telemetry which I already had. Anyone know what this firmware change addresses?

Upgraded firmware before I flew this morning. It would be nice if Skydio had some release notes for there firmware upgrades like DJI. It flew well after the update.

Reactions: stefanonwheels
I flew today and noticed there was now a switch to turn on or off telemetry on the screen. Not sure if that was there with the telemetry update. The main difference I noticed was when connected with the beacon ( I always open the app to manually control who the drone locks onto). Now the app shows a ring and says GPS tracking. Maybe that was there before, If so I never saw it and have flown allot with the beacon. Tracking seemed to be better.

I powered up the SD2 to format the SD card tonight and it updated to 5.41.84 . Then I connected the beacon and it updated also. Previous update 5.41.77 supplied telemetry which I already had. Anyone know what this firmware change addresses?
You mean 5.41.81, right?
Here's what my Skydio 2 app showed me as the changes in this firmware release:
Screenshot_20200104-215837.png
So according to that, no improvements to the autonomy engine were made, which is disappointing.

Last edited:
Reactions: OldBlueHeron
You mean 5.41.81, right?
Here's what my Skydio 2 app showed me as the changes in this firmware release:
View attachment 47
So according to that, no improvements to the autonomy engine were made, which is disappointing.
May I ask where you saw this screen? I clicked on my Skydio under info and then clicked check for updates. I never saw this screen.

That's a bit weird, I had telemetry before 4.41.81. Maybe it required a tweak.

Will be interesting to see how the Raws are now, before they were really not usable for anything.

Hi...I received the firmware (vs5.41.84) update as well. Here's a screen shot ..what's updated seems to only appear within the firmware update on your phone. Fortunatly, I did a screen capture and appears the user "stefanonwheels"
also left the information above in this thread as well.

Regards,
RGMG

Attachments

• FirmWare5_41_84-xxx.png
    FirmWare5_41_84-xxx.png
    901 KB · Views: 14

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member