Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

New Update Was A Big Mistake

If it was a bad batch of props there wouldn't have been a software change, they would have sent out new props and that would have been it. Something is different enough with these props that the software has to be updated. That sound's like a design change. My old props worked fine.
Interesting. Depending on when this happened, you'd expect that a fairly decent number of people would have been shipped the 'new design' props.

My recent replacement that came in January came with a notice in the box telling telling me to update but no separate shipment of new props, if I have the new ones they threw them in the box at the factory. The update was automatic the drone first time the app connected back to the drone after it's initial pairing.

Probably just me but I couldn't tell any difference in how they flew or acted between the earlier and the newer props or between my old and new drone except now it's a little more prone to disconnecting and they seem to have pushed out the point where it switches to GPS tracking.

Reactions: kgilbertsen
My recent replacement that came in January came with a notice in the box telling telling me to update but no separate shipment of new props, if I have the new ones they threw them in the box at the factory. The update was automatic the drone first time the app connected back to the drone after it's initial pairing.

Probably just me but I couldn't tell any difference in how they flew or acted between the earlier and the newer props or between my old and new drone except now it's a little more prone to disconnecting and they seem to have pushed out the point where it switches to GPS tracking.
My replacement drone was shipped about a week before Thanksgiving. The prop issue arose when Skydio contacted me mid December and replacement props were sent 12/17/2021.

I'm sure that your replacement drone had the 'new replacement props' on it, hence no need to send you more cuz they're already identified and corrected the defective batch of props issue.

You'd think that if using earlier props with the newer props would cause and issue, they'd say something, but they for sure said, update your motor firmware before flying in the boxes of props I got from them.

Note, the props are made in china.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rayrrr