Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Skydio increasing the range?

skydioconvert

Reaction score
Thanks very much for finding out and reporting what Skydio is doing to improve the range of the S2.

It's important to realize that if the WiFi range increase gets approved (i.e. how far out you can control the S2) the only downside you'll see is the quality of the video you see on your phone will be decreased.

The quality of whats recorded on the S2's memory card is NOT affected.

Cicada

Reaction score
Should this be in a different category? Like software mods

Hopefully it’s true.

Rough Riders

Reaction score
I call BS, who starts these stupid rumors!
Actually, it's not BS, it is a reasonable conclusion based upon the FCC filings. I posted the original video that Mike references at the end of his. I go into detail what Skydio filed with the FCC and what it likely means. I am an Electronic Engineer and works for a company that builds wireless products. I know a thing or two about homologation testing (FCC, CE, etc.) as we go through that stuff with our own products.

Yes, my conclusions are a guess, but it is an educated guess based upon my own experience and knowledge of how Wi-Fi works. The only reasonable conclusion about what Skydio is doing with the FCC change request is to address distance issues.

Here is my explanation here....

Reactions: Neal B

VEGASROBBI

Reaction score
I got the answer to increase range, I pulled out my 50's controller with the Robbie the Robot antennae:)

Old RC controller.jpg

Reactions: leenanj

Latest threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
nob0dy