Welcome to SkydioPilots.com

Skydio increasing the range?

Cicada

Reaction score
if they engineered a tiny usb-c LTE dongle the port on top is in a good spot. signal range and orientation would not be a limiting factor.

Lifeisfun

Reaction score
if they engineered a tiny usb-c LTE dongle the port on top is in a good spot. signal range and orientation would not be a limiting factor.
Give it up, it will not happen, they will just release new version all together.
Let's hope this time they get it right.

scrampker

Reaction score
Right, THEY might not do it, but if somehow communication is possible using that port, battery pins, or via physical mod, then we could do it ourselves. I have a feeling that's the only real way.

Wonder what would happen if you put a linux compatible wifi USB dongle on that port. We probably would never have access to the systems that would allow modifying connectivity, but sometimes you can get lucky.

Antenna mod is most likely.

Cicada

Reaction score
I have no hopes of them doing anything to improve range with this model. Just spitballing. If the X2 controller is compatible and has better range I’d give it a go.

The Mini 2 can reach 11,000 meters.
That’s just amazing

My gut leans towards no drone manufacturer building extra stuff into the batteries for no reason.

Reactions: scrampker

Lifeisfun

Reaction score
Has anyone ever done a teardown of this thing?

Reactions: scrampker

Latest threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgolkar